• Show
Clear All
  • wood wrangler
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2009
    • Western Chicago burbs
    • btk3000, with the 3100 shim update

Craftsman 3-drawer tool cart

$60 for a Craftsman project center... a rolling tool cart with plastic top.

• os1kne
    • Jan 2003
    • Atlanta, GA
    • BT3100

Thanks for posting. It gave me an idea for a project later this year.
    Bill

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

I have a similar Craftsman tool cart, 5 drawer, that I took the wheels off and used it for a cabinet base in our utility room . It's on an 8 ft wall with a pre-formed Formica counter top mount on top, wire shelving is attached next to it for shoe storage. Cheaper than a factory made wood cabinet and good usable storage.

Comment

• wood wrangler
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2009
        • Western Chicago burbs
        • btk3000, with the 3100 shim update

Turns out the store had it for $6 less than the website, so I got a price adjustment and a free $5 gift card (think it was $5). The door over the lower compartment is not a great design.... binds up easily when sliding it in, and the drawers don't slide as smoothly as my 6-drawer tool chest. But for storing stuff that piles up on my workbench, and being mobile, it fit the bill.

Comment

• lrr
          Established Member
          • Apr 2006
          • Fort Collins, Colorado
          • Ryobi BT-3100

Hard to beat the price. I have a Craftsman rolling cart that is somewhat similar, but has 5 drawers. The top has a sliding top that reveals storage bins under it, which I use to store dozens of wood and acrylic pen blanks. I think I bought it on sale for around $100.

I keep it next to my lathe for storing all my lathe accessories and special tooling for pen making, peppermills, wine stoppers, etc.
          Lee

Comment

• gsmittle
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2004
            • St. Louis, MO, USA.
            • BT 3100

Originally posted by lrr
            Hard to beat the price. I have a Craftsman rolling cart that is somewhat similar, but has 5 drawers. The top has a sliding top that reveals storage bins under it, which I use to store dozens of wood and acrylic pen blanks. I think I bought it on sale for around $100.
            I have that same one! Bought it about 15 years or so ago. Right now it's holding my sanding supplies and some hardware. I have a rather heavy toolbox on the top and I forget what are in the storage bins. Guess I'll have to look eventually…

g.
            Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
            Bill & Ted

Comment

Working...