• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gassit
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2012

BT3000 Belt Snap

Hello,

I have a BT3000 table saw in top condition and which has performed flawlessly since I've had it.

Today the drive belt snapped. Could anyone suggest a belt replacement source? If not, would you know anyone who could perhaps re-join the belt?

Many thanks.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

can't be repaired.
    There's a pair of belts, side by side. you're looking at about $35-40 for the pair.
    The belts are unique to the Ryobi-made BT3 series of saws: BT3000/3100/sears 21829, so can only be bought from Ryobi parts dealers.

Read other recent posts here about where to buy cheapest and who has the best service.

This is the place to ask questions about the Ryobi BT3 series table saws. Please limit the posts to this topic only.

Use this forum to post info about a great bargain you have found on any woodworking related item. Please be aware that posts in this forum will be deleted once they expire or if they are found to be unworthy. Please, no "gloats" unless it is a deal that others can get. The items posted should be new and/or refurbished merchandise, and must be available to more that just the posting individual. Also, suffecient information should be included that would allow an individual to find the item, preferably on the web or through a local store.

Don't be bashful, use the forum search.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 04-21-2014, 11:37 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Gassit
      Forum Newbie
      • Apr 2012

Hi LCHIEN.

Thanks for your advice.

I'll try your suggestions.

Thanks again!

Comment

• JimD
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2003
        • Lexington, SC.

You should also search for threads on the replacement process. Unfortunately there is no belt adjustment mechanism so no way to release the tension on the belts. You have to slide them over the toothed pulleys while they are under tension. I've done it once and didn't enjoy the process but I got it done. My replacements are around 10 years old now. In my case, I am sure that an offcut got into the belts. They didn't get old and/or wear out.

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

JIm's right there's a trick to putting them on because they are short throw and no tensioner.

Againt he forums and tutorials describe this.

I haven't yet had to replace mine but theres an article in the tutorials about using a 3/4" deep socket on a ratchet wrench with extensions and turning the arbor via the 3/4" arbor nut while easing the belts over the pulleys while they are turning slowly to "walk" them on.

Without the socket wrench its hard to get enough leverage to turn the pulleys and motor.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...