• Show
Clear All
  • JeffW
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2003
    • San Antonio, Texas, USA.
    • BT3100

New saw

went today and pulled the trigger on a new Ridgid 4512. Tried to get the manager to price match the Rockler 20% off, but no go. I did manage to talk him into a 75.00 discount so I thought it was a good deal! It took 3 of us to unload it out of my truck. Now I just got to put it together .
    Next item will be cast iron router extension. Donating my BT 3100 to another of our group and will take the tax deduction. It served me well for many years.
    Measure twice, cut once, screw it up, start over
  • JoeyGee
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Congrats. I hope to move to that saw soon, too.

Please let us know how it works out.
    Joe

Comment

• Cochese
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2010

Very nice, I'm surprised you had one local. Haven't seen one in ages.

If I could get one, I might just pull the trigger.
      I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

I'm kinda looking for a sawstop at a deal price. I hate their shove it down your throat policy, and don't want to hijack the thread on that bull. I recently ran into an old work friend that has about healed over after an encounter with a saw blade. He was doing a dado with the blade up 1/4" and reached over the blade to pick up the work and drug his fingers across the blade. Some nerve damage, lots of blood, some plastic surgery..... Mostly ok now. He said his share of the bills would have bought several sawstops. Nothing to get you thinking like a fried with a bunged up hand!

Comment

• jussi
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007

Great buy. I had an older model of that saw for a while and loved it. I'm sure you'll be happy with the purchase.
          I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• Knottscott
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Rochester, NY.
            • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Congrats on the new saw Jeff. Don't want to be an alarmist, but as soon as you get a chance, raise and lower the blade and see if the blade alignment to the miter slots shifts at all....some of the earlier models were plagued by that issue, and it's a tough fix. They've supposedly fixed the problem, so with any luck yours will be fine, but it's worth checking on.
            Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• SHADOWFOX
              Veteran Member
              • May 2005
              • IL, USA.
              • DELTA 36-675

Congrats on the new saw, Jeff!
              Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.

Comment

• Carpenter96
                Established Member
                • Aug 2011
                • Barrie ON Canada
                • BT 3000

I almost bought that saw but the day before I was going to the store there was an ad on kjiji for a Delta 3650-C Cast iron top in pristine shape for $150 and he took my offer of $100. This was an amazing find and works great. I have added the shark guard (Thanks Lee). Used my BT3000 for 15 years with no problems except cutting heavy dense hardwood, the new saw cuts all wood like it is butter.

Regards Bob

Comment

Working...