X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spin Doctor
    Forum Newbie
    • Sep 2014

Wood Butcher in Wisconsin

Finally joined here after lurking in the past. I've had a BT3000 for at least 15 years along with a DPW 850 (the variable speed drill press with the tilt table) and other assorted equipment. The BT I have been generally happy with for the projects it got usd on (mainly house stuff). The saw has some faults, but then I know it is not a Unisaw or Powermatic 66. I'm looking at some mods that I'll post here. First up is getting rid of the plastic guides in the SMT. Second is ZCTP w/splitter.
  • Bill in Buena Park
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Buena Park, CA
    • CM 21829

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing your mods.
    Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• Spin Doctor
      Forum Newbie
      • Sep 2014

Started the SMT modification today. Took the Sliding Table into work and milled the webbing in between the mounting bosses for the plastic guides and to the same height. For the new guides I used some Jatoba (aka as Brazilian Cherry) flooring. The new guides span the full length between the Guide Bosses. I'll take some pictures and post them this weekend. I haven't done an alignment yet but the movement is nice and smooth

Comment

• ironhat
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2004
        • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
        • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

So, how's it comin'? We just love pictures (since some of us can't read)l
        Blessings,
        Chiz

Comment

• Spin Doctor
          Forum Newbie
          • Sep 2014

Look in bt3x under Sliding Table Modifications. The idea worked really well except I have to redo them as they are just a little to tall. The SMT is a little above the main table

Comment

Working...