• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • radhak
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2006
    • Miramar, FL
    • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Wow - you have got quite some progress there! I daresay that looks like a lot of slow work - just to work across across that fascia (move the ladder, get up and paint, get down, move it again, ...). Considering all that, you are doing good!
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - Aristotle

Comment

• atgcpaul
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Maryland
      • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by radhak
      Wow - you have got quite some progress there! I daresay that looks like a lot of slow work - just to work across across that fascia (move the ladder, get up and paint, get down, move it again, ...). Considering all that, you are doing good!
      What I tell myself every time before I get on that roof is "Don't become a statistic." I've also learned that little paint smudges here and there are invisible from the street so don't sweat it!

I'm actually getting pretty good with the angled cut in brush. When I was working at ground level, I taped around windows, etc. But up on the roof, there's no desire to move the ladder, tape off, etc, so I've just had to get good at cutting in without tape. It's actually not too bad.

That top part is all blue now. I have to get back up there one last time to do the second coat. The house really "pops" now. I like it.

Comment

• Evets
        Handtools only
        • Dec 2014
        • Southern Tier

Real good scraping and clean up, good paint, and I use an air spray gun-not HVLP. Maybe I'm just used to it but I've never had luck with airless sprayers. I use a 2 1/2 gallon pressure pot with hoses, but if you're painting a house it's worth cleaning up. I'm sure you have shop air, so it makes it easy. I use a cardboard mask on the edges and of course minimal wind. Just my 2 cents. Some people like it, some people like it.

Comment

Working...