• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

I've been working doubles, trying to get things moving on the upgrade here, and working with my BIL in his shop for the last couple of weeks... Haven't looked at the scale until this morning. 339.2... It's not going down fast, but it IS moving...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• cwsmith
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • NY Southern Tier, USA.
      • BT3100-1

I haven't made an entry into the spreadsheet in all too many weeks. I've been hitting the scales a couple of times a week but seriously haven't made much in the way of any gain on the objective of loosing weight. But honestly these past few weeks have been filled with other challenges.

But, I am happy to note the this morning I hit 183... that's a loss of only five pounds since the start of this challenge. Not much, but still a move in the right direction.

CWS
      Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• woodturner
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2008
        • Western Pennsylvania
        • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Posted my weight, Black wallnut is winning now.

I was doing well, but seem to have plateaued and crept up a bit. Too many dinner meetings I have been keeping up with the exercise and eating carefully, but still not dropping like I was. Some of it might be exercise and building muscle, but I don't think that is all of it.
        --------------------------------------------------
        Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• Black wallnut
          cycling to health
          • Jan 2003
          • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
          • BT3k 1999

It is hard for me to use so much discipline and skip so many treats but it is working. I would much rather eat pizza more often but cannot afford the calories if I wish to keep losing. My weightloss is paying off with faster times on many segments I ride where I can track my speed for a selected distance or hill climb. This morning I was down to 231.6 and because of my long ride will end the day under my calorie budget.

The two biggest reasons I am staying on track is the use of MyFitnessPal to track calories and knowing that I will have to explain myself if I do not keep losing due to this thread. Come on guys and Melissa we owe it to ourselves to do this for us!
          Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

I am still working doubles, or worse. Haven't been to the gym for 2 weeks, and really haven't done much in the way of tracking. I am trying to at least chose wisely, but admit, I have fudged a bit. When working 23 hour shifts, Mountain Dew is about the long legal thing to get you through...
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• BigguyZ
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2006
              • Minneapolis, MN
              • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Well, I hadn't started right away. In fact, after the initial weigh in at 391, I was up to 395 at one point. But I've been good the last two weeks since I've started in earnest. Down to 372.6 (where I was yesterday as well).

A bit ago, I mapped out what my long term goals are. I want to be 340 by June, 300 by September, and 280 by Jan. To do that, I had to continue loosing 5lbs per week until June (though at this point, it's more like 3.75 lbs/ week), and then if I loose 3 lbs/week from June to September, I'll hit that goal, then I need only to average 1 lb/week from September to January to get down to 280.

Ultimately, if I get down to 260, I'll be looking pretty darn good, and I'm sure it'll be quite the change in my quality of life.

I've completely stopped eating sweats and have very limited bread. Last year, I went 10 months with no sweats at all. Once I get down to 300, I'll maybe let myself have something, but it's easier for me to completely forgo than to regulate. Now I'm trying to eat less meat and more veggies, as they're obviously lower in calories (though I'll never ever go vegetarian!).

So.... yeah. There's my update. Decent start. Still a looooooong way to go.

Comment

• Black wallnut
                cycling to health
                • Jan 2003
                • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                • BT3k 1999

We need a like button!

©

Comment

• atgcpaul
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2003
                  • Maryland
                  • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by BigguyZ
                  Well, I hadn't started right away. In fact, after the initial weigh in at 391, I was up to 395 at one point. But I've been good the last two weeks since I've started in earnest. Down to 372.6 (where I was yesterday as well).

So.... yeah. There's my update. Decent start. Still a looooooong way to go.
                  Originally posted by Black wallnut
                  We need a like button!
                  Yeah, that deserves a Like! Or as my 2 1/2 year old says when she likes something, "It's not stinky."

I have hit a plateau but it's from lack of trying. At the least I'm happy I'm not gaining week to week and I'm looking forward to real Spring coming around. Our daughters go to different daycares now and I just bought one of those rear kid bike seats. I can now continue biking to work after a nearly 3 year hiatus.

Comment

• atgcpaul
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2003
                    • Maryland
                    • Grizzly 1023SLX

I don't know what happened this week, but when I looked at the scale, I immediately thought of this scene from Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

You're going the wrong way!

Planes, Trains & Automobiles movie clips: http://j.mp/1L5y0lYBUY THE MOVIE: http://amzn.to/vSNHP5Don't miss the HOTTEST NEW TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1u2y6prCL...

I did get the kid bike seat attachment and dropped off and picked up my older daughter at daycare on Wednesday. The weather has been sketchy again the rest of the week. I'm pretty sure I didn't add 2-3 pounds of muscle mass from that. Maybe table muscle, though, because that night I felt entitled to eat whatever and however much I wanted. Oops.

Comment

• dbhost
                      Slow and steady
                      • Apr 2008
                      • League City, Texas
                      • Ryobi BT3100

I have spent the last few weeks working WAY too many hours, and haven't been getting nearly enough sleep, watching what I am eating, or getting into the gym. That stops today...

Breakfast was a bell pepper, and mushroom omelete sandwich with turkey bacon on whole wheat.

Lunch is going to be a Fajita Chicken Salad, topped with Pico De Gallo (For those doing Weight Watchers, the way I do them it is 10 points plus).

Snack was a banana...

Tonight, we get back to the gym, more correctly into the lap pool and see if I can still do the 15 laps I was doing before...

Tomorrow is going to be a very physical day, pulling that tranny (FINALLY get the time and facility available to do it!).

Comment

• Black wallnut
                        cycling to health
                        • Jan 2003
                        • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                        • BT3k 1999

Dagnabit! In spite of riding 153 miles in the last 7 days I gained a pound. Way too much compensating for my exercise.

©

Comment

• Gray Guy
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Nov 2007
                          • NJ

Almost a two week trip in the Netherlands and Belgium has played havoc with the weight loss effort - up about three pounds. Guess I'll have to double up efforts and get back to the gym. I've changed my goal to a "25 in 25" - 25 pound weight loss in 25 weeks. That is a reasonable rate with potentially good prognosis of maintaining a final weight.

John

Comment

• Cochese
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jun 2010

I ate at Olive Garden last night and apparently gained ten pounds.
                            I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• twistsol
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2002
                              • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
                              • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Originally posted by Cochese
                              I ate at Olive Garden last night and apparently gained ten pounds.
                              Go to Cheesecake Factory tonight and make it an even 20.
                              Chr's

Comment

• Black wallnut
                                cycling to health
                                • Jan 2003
                                • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                                • BT3k 1999

Finally down below 230 over the weekend.

©

Comment

Working...