• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monyet
    Forum Newbie
    • Jun 2006

Porter cable circ saw $40

Hello Folks,

Wondering if anyone has experience with a Porter Cable PC13CSL? $40 at Lowes.com

• frumper64
    Established Member
    • Feb 2004
    • Garland, Tx, USA.

I used to have a PC circular saw that looked just like the one pictured. It was a real workhorse. The bearings finally gave out and I replaced it with a Milwaukee but I have nothing bad at all to say about the PC saw.
    Jim
    64sedan_at_gmail.com

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

Originally posted by frumper64
      I used to have a PC circular saw that looked just like the one pictured. It was a real workhorse. The bearings finally gave out and I replaced it with a Milwaukee but I have nothing bad at all to say about the PC saw.

I am REAL LEARY about comparing the older, Porter Cable stuff, to the newer stuff, since they were bought out. The name has been used on stuff that would have been under lesser brand names, before.
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• dbaudo1
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2011
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Ryobi BT3000

I have a porter cable circ saw I purchased a few years back (2-3). can't say much for the durability as I haven't used it much but I will say that it is HEAVY! not sure if the model you are looking at is a magnesium version or not (probably isn't at $40). However $40 is a good price. I'd say if you aren't going to use it often, go for it, but if it will see use relatively often spring a few more bucks for something similar but a bit lighter.

Comment

Working...