Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Missing Malaysian Flight 370

Its been missing for almost a week now.
    More stories have been floating around on this mysterious disappearance. A lot of them assuming accident or terror incident. Me and my colleague at work worked on a few new theories I'd like to roll out to the public:

1. Teen agers taking the plane for a joy ride... this seems a little beyond the ability of most teens, though.
    2. Insurance Fraud - The age-old case of something similar to J*wish lightning, where the owner of a small business torches his less productive stores with slow moving merchandise to get insurance payments. Malaysia Air did have less than profitable quarter to report so perhaps this is not totally absurd.
    3. Ransom: age-old classical piracy
    4. Lets say chop shop. You know how cars are stolen for their parts which are often worth way more than the car itself and can be untraceable or traded on the black market if not. This seems less than totally plausible because the 777 us a later model aircraft run by first tier airlines that would not be caught dead buying black market parts. A 737 stolen for parts may seem more likely given the age of the aircraft model and the large number in service, many third tier airlines run previously owned 737s and might be willing to use black market parts. OTOH the Roll Royce engines must surely be worth millions. Perhaps its an industrial sabotage effort to steal a RR Trent 800 engine for reverse engineering by some Asian wannabe competitors (maybe the ones making the most noise about the disappearance of the airplane).
    5. Going to the really dark side now, we have a human chop shop. Yes, we have 239 people who are widely perceived to have been killed in an accident and presumed lost. We actually have 478 living human kidneys, 478 human livers, 478 human lungs, 239 human hearts and 239 pairs of eyes and corneas - yes human organ traffickers taking 239 unwilling victims for their body parts. In some cases human organs go for $100,000 each making such a hijacking worth nearly $2Billion.

Given the parts of the world (Asia), and the precision with which the perps disabled the planes systems to make it look like the plane disappeared while flying it off course over water and locations not well covered by radar to the Indian ocean, takes a very meticulously planned operation. They would still have to land on a island with low population, dispose of the plane, incapacitate 239 victims and have teams of harvesting doctors standing by.

What a novel that would make! or is it really happening???
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 03-14-2014, 10:36 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

Either they landed it some place, need 5000ft to land or it was flown until it ran out of fuel and crashed into a section of ocean that hasn't been searched, like Indian Ocean. There were some SE Asian employee of an American Hi Tech Company on board capturing them might have been worth intel or some kind of Hi Tech secrets China, Vietnam are not our friend are not our friends. More likely in is down some place with no survivors. In water may never be found and in jungle will be found eventually. Loring I like your ideas they are not out of the realm of possibility. I think China sent everybody and a wild goose chase with their satellite sightings.

Tom
    Last edited by TB Roye; 03-14-2014, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

You forgot Alien abduction for probing...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• TB Roye
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Sacramento, CA, USA.
        • BT3100

Now they are saying it was hijacked, they have no clue where it is though. I be the CIA or one of our Military Branches, Probably Air Force or Navy or both are working on it and will find it with in a week.

Tom

Comment

• Pappy
          The Full Monte
          • Dec 2002
          • San Marcos, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 (x2)

"Perhaps its an industrial sabotage effort to steal a RR Trent 800 engine for reverse engineering by some Asian wannabe competitors (maybe the ones making the most noise about the disappearance of the airplane)."

Has anyone interogated the CEO of Harbor Freight?????
          Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
          Fools because they have to say something.
          Plato

Comment

• durango dude
            • Mar 2011
            • a thousand or so feet above insanity
            • 50s vintage Craftsman Contractor Saw

HA!

Come to think of it - all that scrap metal might make nice tools.

I hope someone figures it out. It seems completely bizarre that a 777 can simply disappear ----- with nobody knowing where it is......

I can't walk around campus without people noticing me on campus cam --- who can an entire stinkin plane just vanish?

Quite a stunt.

Comment

• Papa
              Established Member
              • Feb 2006
              • Williamsburg, VA
              • Ryobi BT3000

Another Vanished Airliner Mystery

My blog post this week talks about what may have been the first in-flight hijacking of an airliner--Pan American Trip 229 in the trans-pPacific Clipper service in 1938. The post is at http://goo.gl/kDRwce.

Warren Bekk
              AKA Papa

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2005
                • Independence, MO, USA.
                • bt3100

Originally posted by durango dude
                HA!

I can't walk around campus without people noticing me on campus cam --- who can an entire stinkin plane just vanish?

Quite a stunt.
                That makes a suspect out of Amelia Earhart's unknown descendants.
                She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• All Thumbs
                  Established Member
                  • Oct 2009
                  • Penn Hills, PA
                  • BT3K/Saw-Stop

I fear it is concealed somewhere, being turned into a flying bomb that will be flown into a yet to be identified target in the U.S. or anywhere, for that matter. If it had crashed, they'd probably have identified a crash site by now.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                    Internet Fact Checker
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Katy, TX, USA.
                    • BT3000 vintage 1999

fortunately most of the US would be beyond the very end of the range for fueling if they were to try and fly it to the US. To try and suicide bomb a US City they first have to buy 43,000 gals of fuel at $4 per gallon for around $170,000. Then assuming they are near malaysia, its more than 8700 miles to los angeles the closest major US continental city and the range of the 777-200er is only 7700 miles when full of fuel. India or Australia would be farther. The major cause of the collapse of the World trade center was the nearly full fuel tanks fueling the resulting fire. The world trade center was built to with stand fire fueled by items in the building, but not 30,000 gallons of aviation fuel from nearly full airplanes. A nearly empty (Fuel-wise) plane while still horrific, would do much less damage.

if you are going to suicide-bomb crash a plane its much easier to do it when you first sieze the plane - landing it, refueling it, taking off and flying undetected, dealing with the passengers aboard is a lot harder when you do it later...

I don't get the simple pilot suicide angle either... if he's gonna kill himself why not just nose down at the point where they first started to miss the plane rather than do the elaborate deception and fly a complicated route for another 6 hours before doing it?
                    Last edited by LCHIEN; 03-16-2014, 10:07 AM.
                    Loring in Katy, TX USA
                    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                      Internet Fact Checker
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Katy, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 vintage 1999

I think I found it!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by LCHIEN; 03-16-2014, 10:01 AM.
                      Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• phrog
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2005
                        • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Anyone ever read Lost Horizon by James Hilton? Wonder if they have built a long runway in Shangi-La?
                        Last edited by phrog; 03-16-2014, 11:57 AM.
                        Richard

Comment

• atgcpaul
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 2003
                          • Maryland
                          • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by LCHIEN

if you are going to suicide-bomb crash a plane its much easier to do it when you first sieze the plane - landing it, refueling it, taking off and flying undetected, dealing with the passengers aboard is a lot harder when you do it later...

I don't get the simple pilot suicide angle either... if he's gonna kill himself why not just nose down at the point where they first started to miss the plane rather than do the elaborate deception and fly a complicated route for another 6 hours before doing it?
                          Suicide by a commercial pilot isn't anything new. Maybe the person doing it just needed to wait for the opportunity. Once that opportunity came about, it's possible there was such as long delay because he was contemplating his actions.

Originally posted by phrog
                          Anyone ever read Lost Horizon by James Hilton? Wonder if they have built a long runway in Shangi-La?
                          We read that in 10th grade English. I always thought it was pretty trippy and looking back on it, I'm glad we read it because it's referenced here and there in current movies.

Latest I heard is that they might be trying to see if the passengers tried to use their phones so they could triangulate those signals.

This seems like that Stephen King book, The Langoliers.

Comment

• phrog
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 2005
                            • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by atgcpaul
                            This seems like that Stephen King book, The Langoliers.
                            One of the strangest books I've ever read. (but then, aren't all of S. King's?)
                            Richard

Comment

• phrog
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 2005
                              • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

I heard an "expert" say that the sudden ascent to 45000 ft may have been an attempt to "humanely" kill the passengers because they would black out after only 2 or 3 seconds and death would ensue in one or two minutes. Meanwhile the hijackers would be wearing oxygen masks so they would not be affected. If true, it means they weren't planning suicide or crashing the plane.
                              Richard

Comment

Working...