• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Clearing the (compressed) air.

I did some additions to my compressed air system, by adding a Central Pneumatic Desiccant Dryer / Oil Removal filter, and coupler bracket. I also chased down the last few leaks, and replaced a defective replacement regulator on my HF 8 gallon compressor.

Not sure if you remember, but I managed to cause at MY fault on the original regulators fault, the destruction of the OEM regulator on my small compressor a few years ago. If I recall correctly I dropped something on the compressor like the impact wrench and busted it... So I replaced it with a Husky, which has never been completely reliable... So I replaced that with a fresh HF regulator. So far so good!

The whole system has been bubble tested and passes with flying colors, and the compressors are both undergoing leak down testing connected to the system and at the 14 hour point they are both holding exactly the pressure I left them with (and turned them off so it's not like the compressors are cycling...).

The pics and more detailed write up are on my blogspot page for those interested.

Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

I just updated the post. I realized I hadn’t posted a photo of the completed assembly, and so the pic is there now, as is a photo of my leak down test after 26 hours… Sweet deal!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Dealing with the continued pressure...

Another update. Pressure is holding fast. My brain is probably going OCD on this whole thing as I am wondering if I should upgrade the connection between the filtration rig and the hose reel with something like Rapidair, copper, or even black iron.

I have my updated post, and even set up a poll on my blogger page if you are interested...

Comment

Working...