X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dodi90
    Handtools only
    • Feb 2015

Office Pranks?

Anyone know any good office pranks or any good practical jokes to play on your work colleaugues?

Thanks
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

Watching this one....
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

A few dumb ones leap to mind...

Put a piece of scotch tape over the laser sensor on their mouse...

Pack their cubicle with packing peanuts and packaging tape.

Gift wrap everything in newspaper comic pages.
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

I would catch their computer when the were away from their desk and turn their screen picture on their monitor upside down by pressing alt/control/ down arrow or left or right arrow. When they come back after the screen is timed out it was comical watching them try to control the cursor with their mouse.

My favorite trick was to swap a pair of reading glasses my co-cubical buddy always left on his keyboard when he left with an identical looking pair of glasses that I found in the parking lot that looked like it had been run over with a tank.

If you have the time you can alone with their computer you can go into the auto correct dictionary and add/change a lot of commonly used words. For one of my co-workers I auto corrected his name with a long sentence of poetry talking about how wonderful he was. That was a hoot and took him a long time to catch because he never proof read his work!

Comment

• lrr
          Established Member
          • Apr 2006
          • Fort Collins, Colorado
          • Ryobi BT-3100

Years ago a coworker made brownies for everyone in the office. The fact that it was April Fools Day was overlooked by many ... including me. (She always brought in goodies).

She cut up sink sponges into bite-sized chunks, and frosted them. Everyone just popped them into their mouths, rather than biting into them. And them immediately spit them out.

Pretty funny. I never really got a straight answer on whether the sponges were new ...
          Lee

Comment

• JoeyGee
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2005
            • Sylvania, OH, USA.
            • BT3100-1

Take a screen capture of their desktop/background including all icons and shortcuts. Then set that picture as the new background and hide the regular icons/shortcuts. They'll be clicking for hours and nothing will happen.

Do the same as above, but replace their desktop background with a blue screen of death image.

Tape a picture on the underside of the copier (the top piece that opens, then closes on top of the glass). That pic will show up on all their copies and chances are they won't be able to figure it out.
            Joe

Comment

• sailor55330
              Established Member
              • Jan 2010

Wrap everything in the cube/office in Aluminum foil

cover everything in post-it notes

cover every available surface with styrofoam cups 1/2 full of water---including the floor

Make a chocolate cake, but for icing, use mayonaise and food coloring

Tape an airhorn to the hydraulic cylinder on the chair base so when they sit, the seat bottom activates the airhorn. Same thing can be done to a door.

scrape the creme filling from Oreos and replace with white toothpaste

I have to confess, I saw most of these on the web, but the cake one is mine and I have done it.

Comment

• Hellrazor
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2003
                • Abyss, PA
                • Ridgid R4512

Change the sleep/hibernation time to 1 minute on their computer.

Enable/disable classic mode if they are using windows 7.

Set their mouse to the opposite mode (right vs left handed).

Make the scroll wheel on the mouse crazy sensitive or slow as a snail.

Lots of ways to annoy them...

Comment

• JoeyGee
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2005
                  • Sylvania, OH, USA.
                  • BT3100-1

Originally posted by Hellrazor
                  Change the sleep/hibernation time to 1 minute on their computer.

Enable/disable classic mode if they are using windows 7.

Set their mouse to the opposite mode (right vs left handed).

Make the scroll wheel on the mouse crazy sensitive or slow as a snail.

Lots of ways to annoy them...
                  Oh that brings back some memories. Back in the NT4 days, I used to set the shell in the registry to use the old WIN 3.1 shell (Progman, IIRC). Told users we had to downgrade due to viruses. Haven't tried it on WIN7. That would be awesome if you can still do it.
                  Joe

Comment

• leehljp
                    Just me
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Tunica, MS
                    • BT3000/3100

I refuse to answer on the grounds it may tend to incriminate me!
                    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• d_meister
                      Established Member
                      • Feb 2009
                      • La Conner, WA.
                      • BT3000

My father told me about one they did in his office years ago. They left a "while you were out" phone message for a guy to call "Mike Howe". The phone number was a local dairy. Apparently it happened often enough that the person at the dairy just said that she couldn't come to the phone right now.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                        Internet Fact Checker
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Katy, TX, USA.
                        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by d_meister
                        My father told me about one they did in his office years ago. They left a "while you were out" phone message for a guy to call "Mike Howe". The phone number was a local dairy. Apparently it happened often enough that the person at the dairy just said that she couldn't come to the phone right now.
                        Geez, it took me way to long to figure that out... "Mike Howe" = "My Cow"
                        Loring in Katy, TX USA
                        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Knottscott
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2004
                          • Rochester, NY.
                          • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Clear off a colleagues desk before the start of the work day. Leave a plain envelope with their name on it on the desk. They'll turn as white as a sheet every time. There's nothing needed inside the envelope, but you can always break that moment of tension by leaving "April Fools" note inside.
                          Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Hellrazor
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2003
                            • Abyss, PA
                            • Ridgid R4512

Back in the OS/2 days. It was extremely entertaining if you could convince someone to ctrl-alt-numlock-numlock to fix a problem.

It did a memory dump to disk. Back in the day when drives were rather small. You could fill someones drive up which would lock them out since it couldn't boot without some swap space.

Not that I ever did that...

More than a few times...

To the same person twice...

Comment

• capncarl
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2007
                              • Leesburg Georgia USA
                              • SawStop CTS

Similar to Knotscott, we had a fellow worker that was bad about riding a pallet jack like a scooter and would fly through the plant on midnight - 8 shift. He lost track of time and zipped past the window to the personnel office after the personnel manager came in and was scared he had seen him. The next day someone got to work before he did and cleaned out his locker and put an envelope just like Knotscott said. It was very entertaining when he came in and found his locker empty and thought he had been fired! I don't believe I ever saw him ride a pallet jack again.

Comment

Working...