• Show
Clear All
  • gychang
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Sacramento, California
    • none

ryobi 18v circular saw guide which?

I have 5 1/2" saw has a fence guide slot builtin anyone know which work?
  • Bill in Buena Park
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Buena Park, CA
    • CM 21829

I have the Craftsman version of that saw (C3), which is made by Ryobi. If you're looking for an aftermarket version of the rip fence, any with a bar that is 15/32 wide by 3/32 thick should fit.
    Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• gychang
      Established Member
      • Jan 2006
      • Sacramento, California
      • none

Originally posted by Bill in Buena Park
      I have the Craftsman version of that saw (C3), which is made by Ryobi. If you're looking for an aftermarket version of the rip fence, any with a bar that is 15/32 wide by 3/32 thick should fit.
      Is that "standard size"? Can u recommand one from amazon.?

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2007
        • Buena Park, CA
        • CM 21829

I double-checked the dimensions against my corded B&D circular saw, and my other Craftsman circular saw - and yes, they are all the same. So my guess is standard size - however, that doesn't mean every brand will be on standard - so you might consider the following item on Amazon, which has several bar size options, seems like a reasonable price as well.

But I hardly use mine anymore in preference for using a clamping straight edge (if your application allows) like one of the following:

Unless you're rough-trimming lumber, these will give you a better guide edge to control the saw for trimming boards and sheet goods.
        Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2007
          • Buena Park, CA
          • CM 21829

Addendum:

Checking for dimensions on some of the other brands, this one also looks to be compatible based on specs given:

Last edited by Bill in Buena Park; 08-05-2014, 02:29 AM. Reason: Hyperlink correction
          Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• LinuxRandal
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2005
            • Independence, MO, USA.
            • bt3100

I have seen more variance in thickness then width. (although I know they make them different sizes)
            The home stores typically carry one (Walmart I think still sells B&D, Porter Cable branded at one of the box stores), and you should be able to walk in with your saw to find out (at least at the home centers/local hardware stores).
            A sawboard should be another idea.
            Also several video's of how to make them on Youtube.
            She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• gychang
              Established Member
              • Jan 2006
              • Sacramento, California
              • none

Originally posted by LinuxRandal
              I have seen more variance in thickness then width. (although I know they make them different sizes)
              A sawboard should be another idea.
              Also several video's of how to make them on Youtube.
              I have sawboard but very difficult to repeat the same width of a cut...

Comment

Working...