• Show
Clear All
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by JimD
    I used it for awhile but the hardboard isn't real durable and the staples started pulling through. If they'd glued it, it would hold up better (maybe yours is glued?). I also got some long luan scraps about that time and put something better together. But it certainly would work for now. And if it is either glued or you can glue it, it might work for a long time.
    Thanks Jim. Good to know. I've been so busy, I haven't even taken the saw and tracks out of their boxes yet. Since you mentioned using glue, I have an idea how to hinge the box.

Edit: I got everything unpacked yesterday. I removed the MDF spacers that separated the top and bottom, and glued and nailed on 1/2" thick strips of plywood on each half. I then joined the two halves with 4 12" sections of piano hinge. The box is suspended flat from my new ceiling storage rack.

I did a test cut using the short rail on a sheet of plywood. First, I've got to figure out how to connect this to my shop vac. Since I have the Domino, too, I'm thinking about getting the new dust hose connector from Rockler so I can swap back and forth. I cut with the grain but I was impressed by two things--the cut quality was excellent--no chip out on the face and no blade marks on the edge--and the saw was so much quieter than my circular saw. The shopvac will be much louder.
    Last edited by atgcpaul; 08-02-2015, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Working...