• Show
Clear All
  • Mr__Bill
    Veteran Member
    • May 2007
    • Tacoma, WA
    • BT3000

Thanks for the cell phone advice

A while ago I was asking for advice on a new cell phone purchase. I got good advice on how well various phones worked as phones, how durable etc.. Well I waited until mine refused to work most of the time. Last week I ordered a new Samsung S4. I know the 5's are out and the sport version was tempting but at half the price the S4 was a no brainer for me. Thanks to all who touted the merits of this phone. I have it setup and the GPS works, I can hear calls and I haven't broken it yet!

One feature I really like is WiFi calling. On Sprint and I assume other carriers, when the cell signal is poor I can connect via WiFi for phone service. Down in the basement dungeon I can now use the phone and receive text messages and up north I can use WiFi and not connect with a BC cell tower and get roaming charges. Funny thing is the salesmen I spoke with never mentioned this feature.

Again, thanks

Bill
    over here where it rains
  • JoeyGee
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Funny, I feel like I could have written that post. I recently bought an S4 for the same reason--half the price of the S5. I, too, love the WiFi calling. It's one of the features my wife and I switched to T-Mobile. Love the phone, love the service.

Didn't know Sprint offered WiFi calling, too.
    Joe

Comment

• Mr__Bill
      Veteran Member
      • May 2007
      • Tacoma, WA
      • BT3000

Originally posted by JoeyGee
      Funny, I feel like I could have written that post. I recently bought an S4 for the same reason--half the price of the S5. I, too, love the WiFi calling. It's one of the features my wife and I switched to T-Mobile. Love the phone, love the service.

Didn't know Sprint offered WiFi calling, too.
      WiFi calling only with android. I phone will come some time later. For now I have comcast Internet and comcast has wifi hot spots all over the place. So if I am in a dead cell zone I could log in to a hot spot and make a call. Or just look for an open WiFi router.

Bill
      On the left coast

Comment

Working...