• Show
Clear All
  • Condoman44
    Established Member
    • Nov 2013
    • CT near Norwich
    • Ryobi BT3000

About Last Post

I happened to notice the last post on: Christmas SO gifts poll. It says I posted yesterday. I had to look and it shows 1/4/2014 on that post. Is there something wrong with the page that it does not reflect the correct date?
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Condoman44,

Thanks for your report. I have checked the system time, and the output time of the forum software and they are both showing current date. (Jan 9).

I believe that the software will allow taking the time stamp from the client as well. Please check your system date / time to verify. Yours is the first report of this as an issue and I would like to insure that this is not a widespread problem...

From the front page, you should see the calendar app in the upper right just below the header. It currently says Jan 9 2014. And the time stamp on the bottom shows the current time. I look at the posts I made today and they all say Today with the correct time stamp, yesterdays of course say yesterday. Prior should actually show a date... About to check that.
    Last edited by dbhost; 01-09-2014, 12:04 PM.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• JR
      The Full Monte
      • Feb 2004
      • Eugene, OR
      • BT3000

Your post has the correct time stamp. The poll was updated at a later time - someone probably responded to the poll without entering a comment.

This happens all the time.
      JR

Comment

• Cochese
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by JR
        Your post has the correct time stamp. The poll was updated at a later time - someone probably responded to the poll without entering a comment.

This happens all the time.
        This. Very annoying.
        I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• Condoman44
          Established Member
          • Nov 2013
          • CT near Norwich
          • Ryobi BT3000

OK, thanks. BTW my date & time are accurate.

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

yes, VB has this annoying thing when someone answers the poll but does not post it updates the last post time but does not change the last poster; therefore it appears that the last poster posted at the time another person answered the poll question.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...