• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Teenage "Nephews" Startup business

When I was in Japan, specifically Osaka back in the mid '90s, a young missionary couple moved into the house that we had previously lived in. We became friends quickly and have remained in contact with each other over the years. (BTW, to missionary kids, including their kids, other missionaries were/are acknowledged as their "aunts and uncles". Their kids still call us by that moniker and my grown kids call the former missionary couple by "aunt" or "uncle".)

The couple now lives in Oregon and two of their teenage sons were joking around and came up with an idea of making wooden glass frames that made the news there.

Click here

My wife was present helping the mother when the older one (Josh) was born.

One thing they may need to watch out for is the name. That name might be a sore spot for a famous woodworking tool company.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Cool story. If they can tap into the "hipster" movement, they've hit a gold mine! Hipsters would probably even wear them without the lenses.

This is definitely a product that could benefit from a laser cutter or CNC mill for production.

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

Looks like the perfect application for the lazer cutter that was mentioned previously. A great getting the business started gift from their "uncle"!
      capncarl

Comment

Working...