• Show
Clear All
  • mikez
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2003
    • Apache Junction, AZ.
    • BT3000 & BTS21

BTS 21 SMT Question

Unlike my BT3000, the SMT on my BTS 21 is not even with the table. Looking at the parts diagram, the SMT is attached to the table by 4 spacers (#44 hooks?) The SMT is about 1/16th higher than the table. Has anyone heard of this issue? This can cause bad cuts when ripping or mitering with the work resting on the SMT. This saw is used in my shop in the mountains. It stores easy and is easy to move around.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

My old BTS21 was the same way. I talked through it with Ryobi and had to take in in on warranty. Not sure what the issue was, but they replaced something and gave it back nice and even... And yeah mine was 1/16" high. Really screwed around when crosscutting or mitering....
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• mikez
      Forum Newbie
      • Apr 2003
      • Apache Junction, AZ.
      • BT3000 & BTS21

Thanks, I'll contact Ryobi.

Comment

• phi1l
        • Oct 2009
        • Madison, WI

I had the same problem with a Craftsman version. THe problem is in the injection molded "hooks" as they are refered to in the Manual. Trimming off some pastic mold flashing that should have been removed before assembly, the table was still a little high. I then (Carefully) used a disk sander to trim a very small amount off the top of the hooks to level the table. I left the table just under 1/32 high (for now at least) to give it a chance to "wear in" a bit & if necessary, will make some final adjustments later

Comment

• Anthonya
          Handtools only
          • Oct 2014

Bts21 smt fix

The rail clips are backwards.

It appears some genius wasnt paying attention when assembling the device. I stumbled upon this break through after realizing some people do not have this problem.

To fix the issue remove the four screws securing the table, pop off the clips and put them on correctly. You will see they are now the same thickness as the clips that hold the rail in place.

The easiest way to put the top back on is to extend the table out and slide all four clips to the front. This will allow you to see underneath so that you can align the holes. Screw the first two clips securely and slide the table halfway. Repeat for the second set of clips and bobs your uncle.

Comment

Working...