• Show
Clear All
  • monte
    Forum Windbag
    • Dec 2002
    • Paw Paw, MI, USA.
    • GI 50-185M

Prayers requested please

Yesterday morning as LOML for almost 38 years was walking to the local middle school where she works with the mentally handicapped kids was struck by a pickup truck while she was crossing at the cross walk.(the school is 100 yards from our home) The driver of the pickup was speeding in the 25mph zone while talking on his cell phone and he also ran the stop sign before hitting my wife while she was walking across. I spent the entire day with her at the hospital in the ICU and am heading back there again this morning after I can get a fresh change of clothes and a quick shower. She suffered an open head wound and a nasty concussion but so far no broken bones have been found. She also looks like someone has beaten the heck out of her with a baseball bat from head to toe. You cannot believe how bad a day this jerk has started for me and my family. All prayers for her recovery will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Update for 2/19

Sorry for not posting this sooner. She is now home! Still very sore and bruised but the doctors are all opimistic for a full recovery. She is going to need some surgery to repair the open head wound she received at a later date and will start some therapy after she goes thru another evaluation at the hospital tomorrow morning. She has some minor brain damage from the head wound and concussion but they tell me she should full recover from this also with the therapy she will be receiving. She is bed ridden at home but she tells me she feels better just to be home with her friends and family.
    I also received a call from the Prosecuting Attorney and they are charging the driver with reckless driving. I think that since this happened in a school zone during school hours all penalties and fines are doubled. The driver did admit to everything to the police too. He told the police that he was late for work and was speeding and had no intention at all of stopping for the stop sign and that he was going approx 35mph when he hit my wife. He said he never seen her since he was busy talking on his cell phone. I hope they give him the maxomum allowed and that he learns a huge lesson over all of this.

I also want to personally thank all of you for your emails, posts, and prayers during this time. It is a great thing to receive so much support from the family at BT3Central. This is what makes this site the best there is. We're like one big family.

Again Thanks to all of you. You made it much easier to get thru this hard time for me and my family. I will post more here as she continues to recover.

Update for 2/20

Took my wife back to the hospital today for a check up with the Docs and then to have her Congenitive testing done. The Docs seem optimistic as to her physical condition. She seems to be healing well. But after the 2 hour Congenitive testing I found out she failed that miserably. Her brain isn't functioning properly yet but they said that is normal for people with bad concussions and head wounds. I have to take her back for retesting in 2 weeks and hope she passes the tests this time.

Update for 2/28

Good signs! She is improving almost daily now. I had her back to see the Trauma Docs yesterday afternoon and she is continueing to heal very nicely. Next week I am taking her for another cognitive testing which I hope she does well at. Seems like her memory is improving too. She is also able to move around the house a little more under her own power. It will probably take a few more weeks but I feel she will recover completely.

Thanks for your thoughts and support everyone!
    Last edited by monte; 02-28-2006, 04:36 AM. Reason: 2/28 update
    Monte (another darksider)
    Reporting Live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

http://community.webshots.com/user/monte49002
  • jhart
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

Sorry to hear about your wife. Will keep her in my prayers. Keep us updated when you can, Monte.
    Joe
    "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

• gad5264
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2005
      • Columbus, Ohio, USA
      • BT3000/BT3100NIB

Your wife is in my prayers. Take care of her.
      Grant
      "GO Buckeyes"

My projects: http://community.webshots.com/user/gad5264

Comment

• ironhat
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2004
        • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
        • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Prays up, my brother. I can't even imagine...

Chiz
        Blessings,
        Chiz

Comment

• gfrenzel
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2006
          • Sulphur, LA, USA.
          • BT3100

Your wife and family are in our prayers.
          Garth
          HE took my nails. <><

Comment

• Tundra_Man
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2003
            • Sioux Falls, SD, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3100

Prayers on the way.
            Terry

Life's too short to play an ordinary guitar: Tundra Man Custom Guitars

Comment

• LarryG
              The Full Monte
              • May 2004
              • Off The Back
              • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

An abundance of positive thoughts headed your way, Monte. All day, all through the night.
              Larry

Comment

• Pappy
                The Full Monte
                • Dec 2002
                • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 (x2)

My prayers go out to your wife, Monte. There are other thoughts and wishes for the driver.
                Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                Fools because they have to say something.
                Plato

Comment

• frumper64
                  Established Member
                  • Feb 2004
                  • Garland, Tx, USA.

I'm not even a very religious person, but my prayers do go out to you and your wife for a swift recovery.
                  Jim
                  64sedan_at_gmail.com

Comment

• JSUPreston
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2005
                    • Montgomery, AL.
                    • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

My wife has been in the hospital for two weeks herself. I can imagine to some extent what you're going through as well. Best wishes and prayers.
                    "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• 9johnny5
                      Established Member
                      • Mar 2005
                      • Orange Park, FL
                      • BT3100

our prayers as well, Monte. Good luck, and consider that you and your wife are VERY fortunate...it could have been much worse. Also here's hoping the justice system takes care of that idiot driver.

Johnny
                      not exactly Norm...al

Comment

• JSUPreston
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2005
                        • Montgomery, AL.
                        • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Amen, Johnny.

Folks, in light of what's happened with Monte's wife, let's try to talk a little less on the phone while driving and make sure to follow the rules of the road. I can think of very few things more dangerous than somebody distracted while driving 2 tons of steel.
                        "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• crokett
                          The Full Monte
                          • Jan 2003
                          • Mebane, NC, USA.
                          • Ryobi BT3000

Monte,

You and yours have my prayers. Please keep us updated on her progress.
                          David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• jpbennett
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Jan 2004
                            • Indianapolis, IN.

Monte,

My heart goes out to you. We will sure be praying for your wife's quick healing and recovery.

Jim

Comment

• Ken Massingale
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2002
                              • Liberty, SC, USA.
                              • Ridgid TS3650

Monte,
                              I am so sorry to hear this. Why do these things seem to always happen to the best poeple?
                              Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your wife. I hope the jerk that did this pays dearly, legally and otherwise.
                              Please keep us informed.
                              Ken

Comment

Working...