Lowes JT 360 Jointer (Delta 30 rebate/Lowes 30 gift card)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbarnett
    Established Member
    • Aug 2004
    • San Diego
    • JET-10CW2-PF 10 Contractor-Style Tablesaw

Lowes JT 360 Jointer (Delta 30 rebate/Lowes 30 gift card)

Hey guys and gals,

I picked up a Delta JT360 from Lowes. I wanted the Rigid, but since I had a gift card from Lowes, it pretty much locked my purchase. I did apply for a 10% movers coupon from Lowes website and used that too. Believe it or not, I forgot to bring it with me, but when I asked the head cashier, she told me no problem, just bring it in at a later date. I will do that since they helped me with this purchase.

I added this to clarify a point. The $30 rebate is offered from Delta and the $30 gift card is offered by Lowes. I already had a gift card from Lowes that locked me into this purchase. I did not include that gift card as a part of the calculation. I did however include the Lowes $30 gift card that I sent off for in the mail. I believe It is possible for all of you to get this $255 price if your able to secure a movers coupon or other 10% coupon in conjunction with the other offers.. See below:

Original price $349
    Minus movers coupon - $35
    Minus Delta MIR - $30
    Minus Lowes MIR GC - $30

Virtual Cost (since I don't have said rebates and gift cards yet.) $255.

What do you all think?

Dan
    Last edited by dbarnett; 02-25-2006, 12:57 AM.
  • wassaw998
    • Jul 2004
    • Atlanta, GA, USA.

Dan,

I am sure you'll be happy with it. Like you said, if I had to pay full price I'd also not put the JT360 on the top of a 6" Jointer list, but I am sure it works fine - I'd be interested in your findings after using a while. $255 is a nice price, although, you really can't count a gift card as a discount ! This is one item I keep expecting Lowes will clearance out, but, they seem to hang on. Enjoy it.
    Chris

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

I think its a good buy at $255, now that I understand
      It's not the prettiest 6" free-standing jointer out there
      but I'm sure it will work.
      If Lowes ever clearances theirs off for $255 I'd pick one up... just waiting for a deal. But it seems like they'll never do that - they've had that dusty old display unit marked at $349 it seems forever.

it's looking right attractive at $255...

Lowes rebate ($30 gift card)
      http://www.lowespromos.com/PDFs/675-1.pdf

Delta Rebate ($30):
      http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e=571&p=843216

Lowes moving coupon...
      https://www.lowesmoving.com/lowesmov...gistration.jsp

Does anyone know of they mail it to your old address or new address?
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 02-25-2006, 01:49 AM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• ScottJ
        Forum Newbie
        • Sep 2003
        • SoCal, USA.

Dan...

I see what you're talking about with this - in addition to the 10% mover's coupon, there's both a Delta $30 rebate as well as a Lowe's $30 gift card offer on the JT360. Sweet! I've been eyeing this unit at my local Lowes, hoping that they would finally get around to clearing it out - this may be good enough for me to take the plunge. $314 plus tax out the door with $60 winging its way to me in eight to ten weeks.

...Scott

Comment

• dbarnett
          Established Member
          • Aug 2004
          • San Diego
          • JET-10CW2-PF 10 Contractor-Style Tablesaw

Bingo....that is what I am talking about!

I went back to customer service as I promised to bring in the 10% movers coupon. I spoke to the same gal who authorized the discount and she thanked me for bringing in the coupon, but she gave it back to me and said that I could keep it for another purchase...

Lowes has been very good to me.

Dan - San Diego

Comment

Working...