• Show
Clear All
  • Stormbringer
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Floral Park, NY
    • Bosch 4000

Bosch 1617EVSPKE Markdown $231 to $189 @ Amazon

Please note that the price of Bosch 1617EVSPKE 2-1/4 HP Variable-Speed Plunge/Fixed Base Router Kit has decreased from $231.08 to $189.99 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Bosch 1617EVSPKE 2-1/4 HP Variable-Speed Plunge/Fixed Base Router Kit
    Other products by Bosch

List Price:$410.00
    Was:$231.08
    Now:$189.99
    & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
    You Save:$220.01 (54%)

Availability: Usually ships within 24 hours. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
    Last edited by Stormbringer; 04-05-2006, 04:02 PM.
  • bigsteel15
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2006
    • Edmonton, AB
    • Ryobi BT3100

Is this a gloat, or just letting all know about the price.
    Nice gloat if that's the case.
    Really pees me off that Amazon won't ship tools to Canada and they don't sell them up here.
    Brian

Welcome to the school of life
    Where corporal punishment is alive and well.

Comment

• Stormbringer
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Floral Park, NY
      • Bosch 4000

No gloat. Current price.

I have the DeWalt combo. Just letting other know who may have been on the fence.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2005
        • York, PA, USA.

Wow, they actually brought it back down. Wait until the next discount goes into effect and watch it bounce back up!

THis is the kit that I got and sold everything . . . . case, plunge base, router guide, bushings, dust hood, centering tool on ebay and got well over $100 for it. Folks with fixed base only will pay a fortune for the plunge, etc and you are left with fixed base, router, collets, wrenchs, and this router can be adjusted from the top of the router table just like those equiped with Router Raizer.
        Last edited by Jeffrey Schronce; 04-05-2006, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• kmk
          Established Member
          • Jan 2006
          • .Portland, Oregon
          • BT3100-1

What is the difference between 1617EVSPK or 1617EVSPKE?

Comment

• jtrcy
            Established Member
            • Jan 2005

I have the DeWalt combo. Just letting other know who may have been on the fence.

I also have the Dewalt, the 618 kit with three bases. I've been thinking seriously of switching over to the Bosch kit because of the precision height adjust on the standard base as well as the above the table adjust.

The dewalt is a great router, but the plastic ring height adjust is sloppy. Other than that - very happy with it, the dust collection is great on the plunge, the soft start and removable cord big plusses.

I picked mine up 2-3 years ago for $239 for the kit, which, at the time was a killer deal.

The only holdback on the Bosch was that the above the table base was extra, but now they include it in the kit - that's how the Craftsman version has been, but who wants a Craftsman router?

Anybody own the Dewalt and Bosch and can offer their opinions?

Julian

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2005
              • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by kmk
              The "E" is cheaper for some unknown reason. The 1617EVSPK fixed base does not have the ability to be adjusted from the top of the table, thus it does not come with the hex wrench. The "E" also includes the bushings and centering cone, whereas the non-"E" does not.
              I am basing this upon my purchasing the 1617EVSPK about a year ago and it not having the table top adjustment, nor was bushings or centering cone included. My recent purchase of the "E" included all those things.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2005
                • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by jtrcy
                I've been thinking seriously of switching over to the Bosch kit because of the precision height adjust on the standard base as well as the above the table adjust.

The dewalt is a great router, but the plastic ring height adjust is sloppy. Other than that - very happy with it, the dust collection is great on the plunge, the soft start and removable cord big plusses.

The only holdback on the Bosch was that the above the table base was extra, but now they include it in the kit - that's how the Craftsman version has been, but who wants a Craftsman router?

Julian
                Dont have Dewalt for comparison, however you note that the Bosch fixed base is very accurate. The plunge for the Bosch is the best in the biz in my opinion. Grips are awesome (though I had to tighten mine once), the plunge action is great, the depth stop is easy to set and dust collection is pretty darn good with both the plunge and the fixed. In fact the dust collection under the table with the fixed is so good I did not build a vortex box around it for dust collection.

Bosch does not have removable cord, but it does have soft start (think Bosch was the first with that feature).

Tauton Tool Guide is a toss up between Bosch and PC, stating choosing PC over Bosch only if using in a table. This was before Bosch included the above table adjustment, so I assume that Bosch is the all around recommendation from those folks.

Bosch score as good on all catagories as Dewalt 618 except on a few where Bosch was better :

Bosch Dewalt
                Fixed Base Handle Comfort Very Good Good
                Fixed Base Ease of Bit Change Very Good Good
                Fixed Base Ease of Depth Setting Very Good Good
                Switch Convenience Good Very Good
                Plunge Handle Excellent Good
                Plunge Bit Change Very Good Very Good
                Plunge Switch Good Very Good
                Plunge Performance Excellent Very Good

All other items were equal between Bosch and Dewalt (except of course Bosch now has above table adjustment).

Edit : Sorry guys formating is not coming through. First is Bosch, second is Dewalt.
                Last edited by Jeffrey Schronce; 04-05-2006, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• sbs
                  Established Member
                  • Mar 2005
                  • VA
                  • BT3.1k

Originally posted by kmk
                  "Extras pack includes edge guide, three templet guides, centering cone, dust hood and above-table depth adjustment wrench."

Comment

• cudaaa

Story of my life! Just got one last week from amazon! Just can't catch a break! But thanks for the info. cudaaa

Comment

• venkatbo
                      Established Member
                      • Jan 2006
                      • Cupertino, CA, USA.

cudaaa,

If you were charged higher than today's price, you can call their cust-service and they will price match, giving you a refund :-)

/venkat

Comment

• ryan.s
                        • Feb 2006
                        • So Cal
                        • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
                        Dont have Dewalt for comparison, however you note that the Bosch fixed base is very accurate. The plunge for the Bosch is the best in the biz in my opinion. Grips are awesome (though I had to tighten mine once), the plunge action is great, the depth stop is easy to set and dust collection is pretty darn good with both the plunge and the fixed. In fact the dust collection under the table with the fixed is so good I did not build a vortex box around it for dust collection.

Bosch does not have removable cord, but it does have soft start (think Bosch was the first with that feature).

Tauton Tool Guide is a toss up between Bosch and PC, stating choosing PC over Bosch only if using in a table. This was before Bosch included the above table adjustment, so I assume that Bosch is the all around recommendation from those folks.

Bosch score as good on all catagories as Dewalt 618 except on a few where Bosch was better :

Bosch Dewalt
                        Fixed Base Handle Comfort Very Good Good
                        Fixed Base Ease of Bit Change Very Good Good
                        Fixed Base Ease of Depth Setting Very Good Good
                        Switch Convenience Good Very Good
                        Plunge Handle Excellent Good
                        Plunge Bit Change Very Good Very Good
                        Plunge Switch Good Very Good
                        Plunge Performance Excellent Very Good

All other items were equal between Bosch and Dewalt (except of course Bosch now has above table adjustment).

Edit : Sorry guys formating is not coming through. First is Bosch, second is Dewalt.
                        I wonder what the results would be if you threw the new Ridgid Router combo into the mix. I'm on the fence between the bosch and the ridgid.

Comment

• mater
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2004
                          • SC, USA.

Originally posted by cudaaa
                          Story of my life! Just got one last week from amazon! Just can't catch a break! But thanks for the info. cudaaa
                          The same thing happened to me. They dropped the price on a router after they charged my CC. Call them for a price adjustment. The number I called was 1-800-201-7575. I don't know if it is still the number or not.
                          Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

• PALefty
                            Established Member
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by ryan.s
                            I wonder what the results would be if you threw the new Ridgid Router combo into the mix. I'm on the fence between the bosch and the ridgid.
                            same here! The way I see it.. they are now almost the same price. If you add $10 to your Amazon order, you also get $25 off. The Ridgid *should* qualify for a rebate as well (and I was going to have other purchases for a bigger rebate). You would have to buy a PC edge guide for the Ridgid. You will have to buy an extra item for the Bosch to use PC style busings (they say the Bosch ones suck). I like the Bosch plastic case over the Ridgid bag. Features appear to be just about the same as far as I can tell.

I really like the look/feel of the Ridgid.. but I think it is too new to have a lot of information on it and just a few people on the board have one.

I was thinking of asking about matching the 20%HF coupon... which would make my decision a little easier. I don't think it would work, but may be worth a try...

Comment

• asdf
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Jan 2006

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but this really isn't that great of a deal and you should be able to get it from your local Lowes. I got the "E" kit (I think it is, it had all those additional accessories) from Lowes with a 20% HD coupon, which came to about $180 + tax. But the biggest thing for me was that I needed it immediately, and got that instant satisfaction of picking it off the shelf and buying it!

So if it has free shipping, it's about the same as locally with a 20% off coupon.

I'm very happy with the kit BTW.

Comment

Working...