• Show
Clear All
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Bosch 1617EVSPKE $161 -- JUMP on it!

Forum newcomer JBD posted this in the Makita kit thread, and I replied with what follows there, but I'm posting it again under this new thread to make sure everyone sees it:

Bosch 1617EVSPKE Router Kit, $161.76

Folks, this is the Bosch kit to have ... the one that includes some extra accessories not in the normal 1617EVSPK kit. Anyone who is shopping for a router -- or even thinks they're shopping for a router -- should jump on this deal, IMMEDIATELY. This is a KILLER deal on a KILLER router kit. The 1617 model itself is a very nice piece; the accessories included in this version of the two-base kit makes it a super package. I paid ~$145 and was unsure I'd ever see it anywhere near that low again.

Only catch is that they're not in stock right now, and will be shipped first come, first served. Until now, it has been showing as unavailable at all. My advice: GET YOURSELF IN LINE! NOW!
    Larry
  • Copper
    Established Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Madison, WI.
    • BT3100

Ditto. I bought this kit about a year or so ago when it was on sale for $189. Now's the time to use those amazon gift certs. if you have them. It comes with the collets, edge guide, centering cone, and I can't remember what else.
    - Dennis

"If your mind goes blank, don't forget to turn off the sound." --Red Green
    and yes, it's a potato.

Comment

• Stormbringer
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Floral Park, NY
      • Bosch 4000

How would you guys rate the edge guide in this kit? I paid $34 for the one that fits my DeWalt 618 and I would say it's decent but not great? Just curious.

Thanks,
      Greg

Comment

• mpauly
        Established Member
        • Apr 2006
        • NJ

I just placed my order with an estimated shipping date of August 14 - August 28. I missed the last time these went on sale when I think there was also a 10% or 15% off coupon as well.

With the $25 rebate (gift card), at $175 the smaller Triton seems like a decent deal as well. Both have similar features (motor size, softstart, above table adjustments, good collets) and accessories (bushings, edge guide and dust port), though no fixed base on the Triton.

I guess I'll have time to mull it over and see if any other deals come up, but any reason I would take one over the other?

Michael

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2005
          • York, PA, USA.

I bought one of these kits once and parted out everything except the collets, motor, fixed base and above table wrench. I use this in my RT. I sold all the other stuff for over $100. I got a killer deal on the kit, like $130 if I remember correctly (plus free Dewalt Recip saw).

I sold case, plunge, centering cone (already had one), dust collector, bushings and edge guide on ebay for over $100. Net cost for fixed base above table adjustment was $30.

Comment

• ibilisi

How is the dust collection on this? I really need something to help with the mdf dust I create when speakerbuilding.....

Comment

• Stormbringer
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2005
              • Floral Park, NY
              • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by ibilisi
              How is the dust collection on this? I really need something to help with the mdf dust I create when speakerbuilding.....
              One of the Amazon reviews indicates that it's a piece of flimsy plastic junk. YMMV since I cannot speak from personal experience.

Comment

• bigsteel15
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2006
                • Edmonton, AB
                • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by mpauly
                With the $25 rebate (gift card), at $175 the smaller Triton seems like a decent deal as well. Both have similar features (motor size, softstart, above table adjustments, good collets) and accessories (bushings, edge guide and dust port), though no fixed base on the Triton.

I guess I'll have time to mull it over and see if any other deals come up, but any reason I would take one over the other?

Michael
                BUY both and then you can join the newly formed RNSA (Routerholics Not So Anonymous)
                Seriously, I have both (President of the club here) becasue IMHO they are two completely different router setups.
                I intend to use my Bosch for both handheld/jig work as well as insert it into my table lift when needed.
                The Triton will probably never see a table, as I have it's big brother that will perform those heavy duty requirements. Maybe if I get around to a horizontal table then I would set that up for the smaller Triton.

For now, I would say get the Bosch as this seems like an incredible price for the full blown kit and the Triton will likely go on sale again, as it is fairly new yet.
                Brian

Welcome to the school of life
                Where corporal punishment is alive and well.

Comment

• JBD
                  Established Member
                  • Jul 2006

Originally posted by ibilisi
                  For speaker building w/MDF; Id go with the DeWalt 621.
                  I think it has the best dust collection, its the one I use for my cabinets.
                  Jon

Comment

• ibilisi

Originally posted by Stormbringer
                    One of the Amazon reviews indicates that it's a piece of flimsy plastic junk. YMMV since I cannot speak from personal experience.
                    Yeah, I saw that user review... I guess I'll have to search. But anything is better than what my Ryobi 180pl spits out. Maybe the DeWalt 621 is still my best path...but it isn't as flexible as a kit like this.

Comment

• drumpriest
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2004
                      • Pittsburgh, Pa, USA.
                      • Powermatic PM 2000

I have this kit and love it. The edge guilde is pretty nice, it has a setup for microadjustability to hit dead center when routing mortises.
                      Keith Z. Leonard
                      Go Steelers!

Comment

• MBG
                        • Apr 2003
                        • Chicago, Illinois.
                        • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by drumpriest
                        I have this kit and love it. The edge guilde is pretty nice, it has a setup for microadjustability to hit dead center when routing mortises.
                        I actually had a project that I needed to build a 6' dia. x 5" wide half arc. I bought a couple of 1/4" dia. steel rods and replaced the short ones in the edge guide and used the centering cup. It worked great!

Comment

• vaking
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 2005
                          • Montclair, NJ, USA.
                          • Ryobi BT3100-1

I just want to mention that amazon is also running a sale on Hitachi KM12VC kit for $120. The Hitachi kit is functionally same but does not include edge guide or dust chute. They exist at extra cost of $13 for edge guide and $26 for dust chute. That means that this Bosch kit and Hitachi kit are priced identically within couple bucks, in fact Hitachi might even be a little more because extra accessories do not have free shipping. So this is a rare oportunity to choose the kit based on personal preferences completely ignoring the price.
                          Alex V

Comment

• MoldnMaker
                            Established Member
                            • Dec 2005
                            • McKenzie, TN, USA.
                            • BT3100-1

Just my luck. I was needing a good router. Missed it last time, so I waited and waited an it was always unavailable. I had read a lot of good reviews on it and the M12v. I got impatient and used my router money to ordered the M12v. Then I went and spent the rest on the Bessey kit the other day. Now the money for buying it is unavailable and the Bosch is. Maybe next time. @#$%@#!!*#$&!!!
                            "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." by Albert Einstein

Comment

• Stormbringer
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2005
                              • Floral Park, NY
                              • Bosch 4000

Back to $231

Comment

Working...