• Show
Clear All
  • messmaker
    Veteran Member
    • May 2004
    • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
    • Ridgid 2424

insert for R. table

I saw this while I was looking around. Sounds like it should be all you woud need and is priced right.About 1/2 what the others are.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=94331
    spellling champion Lexington region 1982
  • oracle
    Forum Newbie
    • Sep 2005
    • Fremont, CA, USA.

Great find!

I never knew HF sold a router plate. Just make sure it does't flex when routing.

Comment

• davidtu
      • Apr 2006
      • Seattle, WA
      • BT3100

I picked up one on Amazon for $13 on the last sale... though it didn't come with the rings.

Here's the link... now $~19

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

Its supposed to be predrilled for the Bosch router, but I haven't tried it out yet.
      Never met a bargain I didn't like.

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Dang! I just ordered one that fits the exact description from Hartville Tool for $37.50 delivered! It likely shipped today, but I may call and cancel if not.

Thanks for the tip!
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• mpauly
          Established Member
          • Apr 2006
          • NJ

Originally posted by oracle
          Great find!

I never knew HF sold a router plate. Just make sure it does't flex when routing.
          It's # 3/8" phenolic, any reason it would flex? If this anyone says this is decent I'll pick one up for the router table I'm planning on building.

Comment

• Thom2
            Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
            • Jan 2003
            • Stevens, PA, USA.
            • Craftsman 22124

I just placed an order for one .... figured I didn't have much to lose for $22.98 .. (used the coupon code in this thread for $5 off ... http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=22378)

more to follow when it arrives

(probably the end of september if I know HF )
            If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
            **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• mpauly
              Established Member
              • Apr 2006
              • NJ

Originally posted by Thom2
              I just placed an order for one ....
              Me too, can't hurt too much at $22. Don't think i need an attache case though.

Comment

• Thom2
                • Jan 2003
                • Stevens, PA, USA.
                • Craftsman 22124

Originally posted by mpauly
                Don't think i need an attache case though.
                Heh, I don't think I need ANOTHER one, but the one's I do have actually see a good bit of use. They make excellent "grab'n'go" bags. I keep one in the shop beside the toolbox and throw assorted hand tools in it if we have a vehicle break down...

or the tractor breaks down ...

or if I need to go remove a free 10hp 120g compressor

Thom
                purveyor of things free OR cheap

Comment

• Pappy
                  The Full Monte
                  • Dec 2002
                  • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 (x2)

To play the Devil's advocate, I switched to the aluminum 'Plunge Lift' from Woodpeckers from this type plate. Reasoning was two fold, other that the above the table height adjustment. I felt the aluminum plate would be more stable and it had a set of 8 ring inserts available that keep the opening closer to the size of the it being used. the rings also lock in better than any others I have seen.
                  Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                  Fools because they have to say something.
                  Plato

Comment

• Thom2
                    • Jan 2003
                    • Stevens, PA, USA.
                    • Craftsman 22124

Originally posted by Pappy
                    To play the Devil's advocate, I switched to the aluminum 'Plunge Lift' from Woodpeckers from this type plate. Reasoning was two fold, other that the above the table height adjustment. I felt the aluminum plate would be more stable and it had a set of 8 ring inserts available that keep the opening closer to the size of the it being used. the rings also lock in better than any others I have seen.
                    All very valid points!!!!

Currently I'm using the M12V in the accessory table of the BT and I want to move to something like the tilt-top router table by Wood Magazine. I already have a router-raizer that's not installed because I didn't care for the way the router would have to be mounted under the accessory table for access to the raizer. I'm also not 100% sure that the Hitachi is going to be the router that I'll ultimately dedicate to primary table use.

With all these things in mind, a $20 router plate will allow me to make the switch in the near future without feeling like I shelled out a bunch of cash for a temporary setup.

In the future, once I bite the bullet and order the Triton, I'll move on to a cast aluminum plate with twist-lock inserts, I'm just not prepared to shell out that kind of cash at the present time.

Comment

• Stan
                      • Mar 2004
                      • Kalispell, MT, USA.
                      • BT3100, Delta 36-717

I'm in.... now for the waiting game.
                      From the NW corner of Montana.
                      http://www.elksigndesigns.com

Comment

• LarryG
                        The Full Monte
                        • May 2004
                        • Off The Back
                        • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Originally posted by mpauly
                        It's # 3/8" phenolic, any reason it would flex?
                        My first router plate was 3/8" phenolic from Woodpeckers. It sagged in excess of 1/64" (more than enough to make it unusable) within a few months, carrying the weight of a mid-sized Makita router (i.e., NOT one of the big heavy bruisers).

Another issue is that there are different grades of phenolic. The thickness measurement alone doesn't really tell you much.
                        Larry

Comment

• Knottscott
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2004
                          • Rochester, NY.
                          • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by LarryG
                          My first router plate was 3/8" phenolic from Woodpeckers. It sagged in excess of 1/64" (more than enough to make it unusable) within a few months, carrying the weight of a mid-sized Makita router (i.e., NOT one of the big heavy bruisers).

Another issue is that there are different grades of phenolic. The thickness measurement alone doesn't really tell you much.
                          Now you've got me concerned. I currently have a Freud FT1700 2hp router hanging from a Hartville 3/8" phenolic plate, and just ordered another indentical plate to mount my Milwaukee 5625 to. The FT1700 has only been mounted about 3 months or so and I'm not seeing any flexing yet, but the 5625 is definitely heavier.
                          Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• messmaker
                            Veteran Member
                            • May 2004
                            • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
                            • Ridgid 2424

Originally posted by Dustmight
                            Now you've got me concerned. I currently have a Freud FT1700 2hp router hanging from a Hartville 3/8" phenolic plate, and just ordered another indentical plate to mount my Milwaukee 5625 to. The FT1700 has only been mounted about 3 months or so and I'm not seeing any flexing yet, but the 5625 is definitely heavier.

I wonder if you can reinforce one by adding a couple thin strips of stiff material epoxied to the bottom across the long side on the outside of the router.The router plate is 6" and the insert is 9" wide. That gives you over an inch on each side to work with .I would think a couple of 10" strips of 3/4 inch channel or square tube would do the trick. I have never done this but thought I would try it if I ran into this problem.
                            spellling champion Lexington region 1982

Comment

• bigsteel15
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2006
                              • Edmonton, AB
                              • Ryobi BT3100

Here is my reason for purchasing the Jessem products I have.

Mast-R-Plate
                              "The main plate is made of 1/4" x 9-1/4" x 11-3/4" solid
                              aluminum, and the MAST-R-PLATE™ is made of 1/4 aluminum"

Rout-R-Lift FX
                              "9-1/4" x 11-3/4" Top Plate is Machined From 3/4" Thick Solid Phenolic"
                              Brian

Welcome to the school of life
                              Where corporal punishment is alive and well.

Comment

Working...