• Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Can't Be Simpler Dadoe Jig

This jig is basically a "T" square you make yourself. This one will accommodate a 4' dadoe. The first pass puts into the jig the exact groove. When inserting the panel, simply put mark on panel line up with groove, and set bar clamp so that the top bracket touches the right leg to keep it from moving. I've used this type of jig for over 30 years and it's a very fast set-up. It's accurate as all heck. Can do long or short runs. The panel in the picture is 18" x 18".

"I'M NEVER WRONG - BUT I'M NOT ALWAYS RIGHT"
    Attached Files
  • dlminehart
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2003
    • San Jose, CA, USA.

Looks interesting, cabinetman, but I can't figure out how it works. Specifically, it looks like a "T" square, with a positioning dado already done into the top left arm of the "T". What I can't see is how the clamp holds it in place. It looks like there may be a slot in the leg of the "T" for the fixed end of the bar clamp to extend through.
    - David

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” -- Oscar Wilde

Comment

• cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

These two sketches may be explanatory. The long part of the "T" has a gap full length for the clamp. The panel butts against the top of the "T". Your groove (which has been run at least one time) gets set on your mark. It takes less than 30 seconds to set up.

"I'M NEVER WRONG - BUT I'M NOT ALWAYS RIGHT"
      Attached Files

Comment

• MilDoc

Ahhhh ... that explains it. Thanks!

Comment

• Luckbox
          Established Member
          • Nov 2003
          • Holly Springs, NC

Well the light bulb just went on. Nice and simple design.
          I love lamp.

Comment

Working...