• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lkazista
    Established Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Nazareth, PA, USA.

Hf Dp 43389

Based on reviews and advice found here, I picked up the Harbor Frieght 43389 Drill press today. Generally speaking, I have NEVER purchased ANYTHING at HF that I thought was a quality tool.

BUT....

I think that all changed today. I know I have only owned the press for a few hours now, but this seems like a great purchase at a very good price. It feels and shares similiar looks to the Rikon that cost over $130 more. I paid $170 for the press today (I know most people have gotten it for less), and I even went with the 1 year no questions asked, return for any reason plan that they offered for $19.99

I feel good about the purchase, only bummer is, the handles are the standard triple bar set up like on most presses, the ad showed the cast iron style like the Rikon which I really liked. But still happy.

Lee
  • Thom2
    Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
    • Jan 2003
    • Stevens, PA, USA.
    • Craftsman 22124

I haven't seen it for under $199 lately, I think this is the new "low" sale price. I've been noticing some of their prices climbing lately, and it's not surprising.

I was/am really impressed with mine too, and I think there'll come a time when you'll appreciate that handle setup. I think the cast iron handles are shorter than these 3-spokers, so the 3-spoke offer more leverage, but you can also remove one or two of them if the fence or part of the workpiece is in the way. I've already run into this several times and was REALLY glad I could just remove the handle that was in the way.
    If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
    **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

Working...