X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • siliconbauhaus
    • Dec 2006
    • hagerstown, md

22815 router mounting

I have the c'man bt3000 ( aka 22185) It doesnt appear to have anywhere to mount the router on the right side table.

If I get a router mounting kit do I have to cut the table to fit it or ?

Happy New Year to all
    パトリック
    daiku woodworking
    ^deshi^
    neoshed
  • JR
    The Full Monte
    • Feb 2004
    • Eugene, OR
    • BT3000

Isn't there a table with a ~2" hole in it? It's called the accessory table.

It moves along the rails to any available position. The router mounting kit has an aluminum plate that mounts to the router, then to the underside of the accessory table.

If you don't have the accessory table, you could just use a piece of plywood or MDF. A couple of angle brackets would connect to the rails. Slots in the angle brackets would provide height adjustment.

JR
    JR

Comment

• Ed62
      The Full Monte
      • Oct 2006
      • NW Indiana
      • BT3K

If you have the accessory table, you might have to drill holes through it for mounting the router (easy enough to do). If you drill them, don't forget to countersink so the heads don't stick up above the table. I didn't get a mounting kit for my DeWalt plunge router.

Ed
      Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• siliconbauhaus
        • Dec 2006
        • hagerstown, md

Ta for the replies.....I havent looked that close enough at that part of the saw. All I know is there's no hole there at the moment
        パトリック
        daiku woodworking
        ^deshi^
        neoshed

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by siliconbauhaus
          I have the c'man bt3000 ( aka 22185) It doesnt appear to have anywhere to mount the router on the right side table.

If I get a router mounting kit do I have to cut the table to fit it or ?

Happy New Year to all
          That was the one pictured that we were guessing was a predecessor to the 22811...

The early BT3000 had an extra cost additional auxiliary table without a router hole available. I wonder if somehow your model had these and no router intention - hard to figure what Sears is/was thinking.

If yours indeed has no hole I think even the tables with no router hole at least had the pattern for the hole cast in the top and the mounting plate recess in the bottom (approx 10" x 7" with two corners cut off). Just the hole was not machined. Is that how your table is? post a picture?
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• siliconbauhaus
            • Dec 2006
            • hagerstown, md

You're absolutely right mate. I just went out and pulled the table off and I can see the marking in the casting for where it's meant to go.

As soon as get hold of the rounter mounting kit I'll be machining it out,

Cheers!
            パトリック
            daiku woodworking
            ^deshi^
            neoshed

Comment

• Ag. Teacher

When/if you find a router mounting kit, let me know where you found it. I want one for my saw but haven't been able to find one. My saw has the table with the hole, but not the plate to mount the router to.

Thanks,

Comment

• siliconbauhaus
                • Dec 2006
                • hagerstown, md

Have a look in the classifieds section mate, I know there's at least one there.
                パトリック
                daiku woodworking
                ^deshi^
                neoshed

Comment

• big tim
                  • Mar 2006
                  • Scarborough, Toronto,Canada
                  • SawStop PCS

I mounted my Bosch router directly to the accessory table, drilled and countersunk the four holes for 1/4-20 bolts and nuts. I didn't use the aluminum plate that came with the accessory table.

Tim
                  Sometimes my mind wanders. It's always come back though......sofar!

Comment

Working...