• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffrey Schronce
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • York, PA, USA.

Amazon Affiliate

Just noticed the new Amazon ads on this site. When did this occur? How can we go about making all BT3'er aware of the benefit of clicking through the ad? Maybe a sticky topic on top of Bargin Alerts? I love BT3 getting a share from Amazon. It should be great!
    Last edited by Jeffrey Schronce; 01-31-2007, 01:51 PM.
  • Stormbringer
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Floral Park, NY
    • Bosch 4000

Iv'e only seen Rockler for the longest time up until about a week ago. Since then it's been Woodcraft. No Amazon yet. I remember a few years ago it would vary everytime you refreshed.

I'm all for the Amazon link through Bt3 if it can happen. These members could probably generate enough kickback to cover the next four years worth of web hosting fees during the next sale alone .

Greg

Edit: I stand corrected. Just saw Amazon up there for the first time. Also, note to those with ad-blocking software. You probably don't see them at the top of the page. Adjust it so you can link through Bt3.

Comment

• Sam Conder
      Woodworker Once More
      • Dec 2002
      • Midway, KY
      • Delta 36-725T2

It happens automatically. Whenever anyone pastes in an Amazon.com link, the "forum magic" appends the BT3Central Associate code.

BTW, There is mention of this in the Forum Rules (that no one has probably ever actually read) that everyone agrees to when registering at BT3Central...

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free and open to everyone. We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of BT3Central Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and not the owners and operators of BT3Central Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

Rules regarding links to 3rd party sites

Due to the nature of BT3Central Forums it is common for members to post links to other sites, many of them with items for sale. The Bargain Alerts forum was created specifically for this purpose. Upon posting any link to any 3rd party site you agree that as the poster, you do not stand to make any financial gain by posting the link. This rule is applicable to all posts, articles and reviews forum-wide, not just in the Bargain Alerts section.

BT3Central Forums also has "Partner agreements" with select vendors that allows them the right to post links to their sites or links to 3rd party sites selling their product whenever they wish to extend special consideration to BT3Central Forums members. Any individual or company wishing to become an official BT3Central Forums Partner may direct inquiries to: Sam Conder

BT3Central Forums is funded by both member donations and various "affiliates greements". Be aware that BT3Central Forums reserves the right, and actively exercises that right to automatically alter links to 3rd party sites to include BT3Central Forums's affiliate id.

The owners of BT3Central Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
      Last edited by Sam Conder; 01-31-2007, 01:56 PM.
      Sam Conder
      BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Sam Conder
        Woodworker Once More
        • Dec 2002
        • Midway, KY
        • Delta 36-725T2

You're not going crazy, I just added Woodcraft and added Amazon back in after a hiatus...

Sam Conder
        BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2005
          • York, PA, USA.

The "auto code" is freaking awesome! Thanks Sam!

BTW, I know I have never read the Forum Rules. Like I said it may be a good idea to sticky a note (particularly in Bargin Alerts) reminding to click through ad links.

Comment

Working...