• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

I'm Surrounded!

Working from home today. I am sitting on the couch with my daughter, one of her friends and my very pregnant wife - our next daughter is due any day. They are playing with Barbie and Polly Pocket. I think I will go cut down a tree with my teeth or something else manly like that.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • Thom2
    Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
    • Jan 2003
    • Stevens, PA, USA.
    • Craftsman 22124

Originally posted by crokett
    I think I will go cut down a tree with my teeth or something else manly like that.

You really think you're gonna get PERMISSION to do that???
    If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
    **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
      Bandsaw Box Momma
      • Apr 2005
      • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Dave, so the question I have is: Were you playing with Barbie and Polly Pocket with the girls?.

What you need to do is get a GI Joe, or have a boy the next time around.
      Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• TB Roye
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Sacramento, CA, USA.
        • BT3100

David

There is hope. My 2 1/2 year old grand daughter loves to come out in the shop to play with Papas tools. She is learning to count using drywall screws. I drill holes in pieces of wood and she counts the number of screws she puts in. She still brings the dolls out to show them what to do. When all the grand kids(2boys 2 girls) are here they are all out there working (their term). When the baby comes big sister will be looking for some private time with dad and you will have your chance..

Tom

Comment

• crokett
          The Full Monte
          • Jan 2003
          • Mebane, NC, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by Thom2
          You really think you're gonna get PERMISSION to do that???
          Permission!?? I am a manly man! I cut down trees with my teeth! I don't need permission!

And Melissa, NO I WAS NOT. I was working and surfing BT3Central.
          David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• cabinetman
            Gone but not Forgotten RIP
            • Jun 2006
            • So. Florida
            • Delta

Actually David, you could show the girls how well a Jorgie 12" handscrew clamp can crush two dolls (you'll have to apologize for that one, but it will save your teeth, and you won't have that nasty sap taste in your mouth).

Comment

• gsmittle
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2004
              • St. Louis, MO, USA.
              • BT 3100

Originally posted by Mrs. Wallnut
              Dave, so the question I have is: Were you playing with Barbie and Polly Pocket with the girls?.

What you need to do is get a GI Joe, or have a boy the next time around.
              GI Joe is NOT a doll! He's an ACTION FIGURE!!!!!

Crok, I'd suggest just smearing some used motor oil on your chest-- less work than gnawing down a tree...

g.
              Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
              Bill & Ted

Comment

• scorrpio
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2005
                • Wayne, NJ, USA.

Tell you what: any bozo can go chew down trees, ride Harleys and do the rest of that 'macho' stuff.

But to sit down and play with Barbie when your little girl asks you to - that takes a real MAN.

Comment

• radhak
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2006
                  • Miramar, FL
                  • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

I have a two daughters (7 and 4) and one wife (!) and my mom and her sister are visiting. And I am going crazy.

An outsider might see it funny, but I just want out!

Any given moment, there is at least one girl having a problem with at least one other : the 4 year old with the 7, my wife with my mom, my mom with her sister, the 7 year old with her grandma, etc, etc. And guess who do they come to with their complaints?

Of course I am trying to develop a deaf year, but with disastrous consequences - being called insensitive is just the beginning. Just this morning my 4 year old tells me - daddy, you never pay any attention to me; you are only listening to [her sister].
                  Groooaaaannn!

The only time they agree altogether is when they feel the garage could be better utilized if i'd get rid of my ww tools Somebody help me!
                  It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
                  - Aristotle

Comment

• Russianwolf
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2004
                    • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
                    • One of them there Toy saws

Originally posted by scorrpio
                    Tell you what: any bozo can go chew down trees, ride Harleys and do the rest of that 'macho' stuff.

But to sit down and play with Barbie when your little girl asks you to - that takes a real MAN.
                    I use this one all the time

"Any smuck can be a father, but it takes a MAN to be a Daddy"

My daughter has a father and a daddy. She hasn't spoken to her father in ages (she never really knew him), but calls her dad (me) for advice all the time. Guess who'll be walking her down the isle when the time comes?
                    Mike
                    Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• DUD
                      Royal Jester
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
                      • Ryobi BT3000

I live with it all the time David, so I know where You are coming from. And Yes My GrandDaughter finally got a Boy Polly Pocket for Christmas. So of course I now have to play. Bill
                      5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• crokett
                        The Full Monte
                        • Jan 2003
                        • Mebane, NC, USA.
                        • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by scorrpio
                        It was a joke! What takes a real man is to play with Barbie while you are wearing a princess crown, pink heart sunglasses and a sequined cape. Knawing down trees is the yin to that yang.
                        David

Comment

• Thom2
                          Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
                          • Jan 2003
                          • Stevens, PA, USA.
                          • Craftsman 22124

Originally posted by crokett
                          What takes a real man is to play with Barbie while you are wearing a princess crown, pink heart sunglasses and a sequined cape.
                          If ANYBODY can get me a picture, I will PERSONALLY see to it that it becomes Crokett's Avatar!!!!!!!!!

now we'll REALLY find out if his wife reads these forums

Thom
                          nearly pee'ing his pants laughing at the visual
                          If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
                          **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• Russianwolf
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2004
                            • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
                            • One of them there Toy saws

If ANYBODY can get me a picture, I will PERSONALLY see to it that it becomes Crokett's Avatar!!!!!!!!!

Thom
                            nearly pee'ing his pants laughing at the visual
                            and I bet we could use it to make the fund raising drive goal for the next ten years.
                            Mike
                            Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• crokett
                              The Full Monte
                              • Jan 2003
                              • Mebane, NC, USA.
                              • Ryobi BT3000

She did take a picture but I made sure it never made it off the camera.
                              David

Comment

Working...