X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davebil
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
    Question : Why did you run electrical outlets on outside of wall? Does that decision have anything to do with the OSB?
    Couple of reason why:

1 - It's easier to place the outlets after the walls are finished. Outlets on the west wall were set higher(53" rather than 48") to accomodate the writer's stand and metal bench backsplash placement. See comparison pics below.
    2 - Not being sure of the layout allowed me to get the basic grunt work( painting etc.) done first. I had a basic idea of where things would go but wanted to have the walls finished first.
    3 - I like the look of conduit coming down the wall to a surface mounted box when compared to a box inside the wall cavity.
    4 - Fewer holes in the walls(outlets) means a tighter exterior means easier to heat in winter.
    5 - Yes, using OSB does make it an easier decision for placement if you surface mount.
    6 - I had always wanted to learn how to bend conduit!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

• davebil
      Forum Newbie
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by footprintsinconc
      Amazing! i love it all. hopefully now you will enjoy it more than ever!now, you didnt do all that work on 6-16 did you?
      The work on the 6-16 photos was completed in less than 10 days. Of course not by me. I'd still be at the demo stage.

Comment

• davebil
        Forum Newbie
        • Mar 2004

project list to complete by end of october

1 - Insulate the roof trusses
        2 - Get natural gas run from house to garage
        3 - Trim out the windows on the inside
        4 - Complete the radiant heat system

other odds and ends include lighting in the front half where vehicles are parked and storage solutions in the trusses. I purchased the Rubbermaid garage storage kit for all the rakes and shovels etc. I liked how it turned out.

Comment

Working...