• Show
Clear All
  • stormdog74
    Established Member
    • Mar 2007
    • Sacramento, CA
    • Ridgid TS3650

Denali 30-Piece Bar Clamp Assortment $85 shipped at Amazon

Not sure how good these are - a couple of reviews of their clamps were positive.

They are $99 and if you spend $1 more you can get $15 off, so it would make it $85 shipped. They don't say free shipping on the page, but when I added it to the cart it said it qualified for free super saver shipping.

Not sure if I will order it though - any opinions on quality?

http://www.amazon.com/Denali-30-Piec...6173632&sr=1-7
  • Stormbringer
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Floral Park, NY
    • Bosch 4000

These were $145 yesterday.

I would rate these a screamin bargain for $85. Fit, finish, and reviews appear to put them ahead of the Pittsburghs from Harbor Freight.

Since curiosity killed the cat, I added up the same number of clamps and sizes from HF and totaled $214 reg price. If you get them at 1/2 price your still paying $107. If you can use a coupon then you'll be in the ballpark of the Denali price. But, for what appears to be a better clamp, the Denali's are the way to go.

Now, you just have to decide whether you need this many clamps....I know, I know, dumb question. But for those that always start the "What assortment of clamps should I get?" thread, here's your answer

Free shipping makes it a no brainer IMHO.

Greg
    Last edited by Stormbringer; 08-03-2007, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• ryan.s
      • Feb 2006
      • So Cal
      • Ridgid TS3650

Where did you find reviews, can you post a link? These seem to be different than the other denali bar clamps on amazon. They don't have the clutch.

Comment

• Stormbringer
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Floral Park, NY
        • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by ryan.s
        Where did you find reviews, can you post a link? These seem to be different than the other denali bar clamps on amazon. They don't have the clutch.

I read the couple reviews here.

Excellent catch about the clutch ryan. I definitely missed that. The HF in my above comaprision come with clutches...but are they even necessary? Am I mistaken, or is their only role to keep the sliding part of the clamp from sliding?

I guess these would be similiar to the clutchless ones from Gross Stabils or Bessey. So, still a great deal when compared to the prices of these two.

Greg
        Last edited by Stormbringer; 08-03-2007, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Alex Franke
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2007
          • Chapel Hill, NC
          • Ryobi BT3100

Very cool -- anyone find a qualifying ~$1 filler item? ("select hand tools or power tool accessories")
          online at http://www.theFrankes.com
          while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
          "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• Stormbringer
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2005
            • Floral Park, NY
            • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by Alex Franke
            Very cool -- anyone find a qualifying ~$1 filler item? ("select hand tools or power tool accessories")
            $1.50 spring clamp

Comment

• sglt
              Forum Newbie
              • Jul 2007
              • Metro Atlanta, GA

They have several different sizes of Dewalt spade bits for under $2. Just do a search for "dewalt spade bit".

Comment

• stormdog74
                Established Member
                • Mar 2007
                • Sacramento, CA
                • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by Alex Franke
                Try this:

http://www.filleritem.com/

Comment

• rberrybabylon
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Jul 2007

Thanks for the filleritem link. Found a couple of DC connectors I was needing anyway. What a deal! $3.33 per clamp. How can you go wrong?

Comment

Working...