• Show
Clear All
  • steve-u
    Established Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Bartlett, Ill.
    • Ryobi BT 3100

Craftsman 10 " bandsaw $99 model 21400

The Sears ad in the Chicago papers show that the Craftsman 21400 bandsaw is going to be back on sale for $99 starting tomorrow 08/05/07.
    Below is a link to it. I have one of these and along with many here believe it is an exceptional value for the price, is a great bandsaw for it's size - not a toy like some others in that size and may be all many of us ever need who want to try out a bandsaw and/or have space limitations. Also some have complained that they like the saw but the 70.5 inch blades are hard to find. There are more than a few online sources for quality aftermarket blades such as from Olson or Timber Wolf.

Last edited by steve-u; 08-04-2007, 08:31 PM.
  • bigstick509
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Macomb, MI, USA.
    • BT3100

Great Little Saw

I have to agree that the Craftsman 10" is a very capable bandsaw. I've had mine for about a year and a half and its done everything that I wanted. It still amazes me how many projects are made easer with this saw. As to the odd blade length, I have had to have mine made from a local supplier.

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

• tedkitch
      • Jul 2006
      • NE Suburbs, Chicago
      • Ryobi BT3100 What else is there?

Can you scan the ad or post a receipt? When I access the above link it shows for 119.99 through 8/4/07.

Thanks,
      Ted Kitch

Comment

• Stormbringer
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Floral Park, NY
        • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by tedkitch
        Can you scan the ad or post a receipt? When I access the above link it shows for 119.99 through 8/4/07.

Thanks,
        Ted,
        The website will probably update to the sale price tomorrow Aug 5. The link he posted was just to show the model saw that's going on sale this week, not necessarily with the sale price. (Clearly, as you pointed out, the current sale price (through Aug 4) is $119. I'm pretty sure it'll update tomorrow since my sale flyer also shows the $99 price.

Best,
        Greg

Comment

• tedkitch
          • Jul 2006
          • NE Suburbs, Chicago

I'm not the only night owl. I've been waiting for this saw to go on sale to snag one, so I guess I'm impatient. It is Sunday, August 6th already here in PA, but I guess the web site works off of a different time zone.

Thanks,
          Ted Kitch

Comment

• kevincan
            Established Member
            • Oct 2006
            • Central Illinois
            • Craftsman 21829

I picked up one of these for $119 this week. I didn't think they would have another $99 sale on these again. Looks like I will be going back to Sears to get a price adjustment.

So far I have got the saw unpacked and set up. The only thing I have cut is some scrap wood so far. I thought it was a great deal at $119.

Any recommendations on saw blades for this band saw. I understand blades for table saws but this is a whole new ball game.

Kevin

Comment

• Knottscott
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2004
              • Rochester, NY.
              • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

It's showing at $99.99 now....but even $120 is a nice deal IMHO.
              Craftsman 10 in. Band Saw

Sears item #00921400000 Mfr. model #21400
              $99.99 $159.99Save $60.00
              thru 08/11/07

...as far blades...the folks from Suffolk Machinery were super to deal with on the Timberwolf blades for my 12". Mention code "443" and get a 4th blade free when you buy 3.
              Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Stytooner
                Roll Tide RIP Lee
                • Dec 2002
                • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
                • BT3100

That is an excellent price on a fine BS. I work mine every day I am in the shop. That price is autogloatable. Hiighly recommend this one.

I didn't even realize they made a 9" in the same form. It isn't on sale though.
                Lee

Comment

• Whaler
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Sequim, WA, USA.
                  • DW746

Does anyone know who makes this for Sears, it looks like a Rikon but some of the specs are different.
                  Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

Comment

• Knottscott
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2004
                    • Rochester, NY.
                    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by Whaler
                    Does anyone know who makes this for Sears, it looks like a Rikon but some of the specs are different.
                    It's made by Richen Enterprises...parent co. of Rikon.
                    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• BT3 WOODOG
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Jan 2007

I get mine made at Sunbelt Industrial Supply Co, just do a web search. It's real easy to order from there site,and good prices!!!

Comment

• Hooligan
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Mar 2007

I know this is a dumb question 'cause the specs say 4 5/8" but in case I'm missing something, can you cut a dimensional 2x6 on edge?

Comment

• tedkitch
                          • Jul 2006
                          • NE Suburbs, Chicago

I picked mine up today. I still have to take it out of the box and set it up, but it was only 99.99.
                          Ted Kitch

Comment

• Almightymoonpie
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Mobile, Al
                            • Ridgid TS3650

Offered to take the LOML to the mall shopping if she let me run by Sears. Came home with the 10" bandsaw 3 pack of blades and a assortment for an old Craftsman scroll saw. After 6 hours later I finally got home to get it set up and play for a while. Not to bad for 140.00

Comment

• LCHIEN
                              Internet Fact Checker
                              • Dec 2002
                              • Katy, TX, USA.
                              • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Hooligan
                              I know this is a dumb question 'cause the specs say 4 5/8" but in case I'm missing something, can you cut a dimensional 2x6 on edge?
                              The maximum height under the blade guides is 4-5/8"
                              and a 2x6 is approx 5.5 inches wide.
                              So You CANNOT cut a 2x6 on edge (which is called resawing) into basically two 1 x 6s since 5.5" is larger than 4-5/8"

The key dimensions for BS are
                              Throat clearance which is usually about 3/8 or 1/2" smaller than the wheel size, this is the width of the cutoff you can slip between the vertical support on the left and the blade.
                              The resaw capacity which the max height under the blade guide.
                              Blade capacity usually 1/8" to 1/2" the distance from the teeth to the back of the blade.
                              Last edited by LCHIEN; 08-05-2007, 09:57 PM.
                              Loring in Katy, TX USA
                              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...