• Show
Clear All
  • niki
    • Nov 2006
    • Poland
    • EB PK255

Router table - small improvements

Good day

Just a few pics of the improvements that I made on the new router table...

I made one "Pedal" that I can use for doweling or, when installed on the other side, router lift.

I also fitted the "jointing system" to the new table.

Regards
    niki

• Jaden
    Established Member
    • Feb 2006
    • Trenton, MI
    • BT3100

I love watching your additions to all your tools, especially your router. Can't wait until this is a completely robotically controlled, laser guided, autonomous instrument of woodworking goodness.

A machine that will simultaneously plane, size, rabbet, tongue n' groove, mortise and tennon, set up proper joining, sand, shape, stain, and varnish all in one pass, leaving you to only assemble your perfectly formed Sam Maloof rocker.

Woodworkers like you are why I love this hobby, all the great people on this, and other sites, that aren't satisfied with "good enough", always striving for "greatness" and "near perfection". This is a legacy piece that will be passed down to your grandsons, grandson or grandaughter, and beyond.

Thank you for all the inspiration, and even though I am nowhere near to being in your creative ballpark, I really appreciate all the time you spend documenting your creations for all of us.

Steve
    "I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis." - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

Nah, making it robotic would take all the fun out of it... But I do expect the adjustments and controls to be extended so that niki can run the thing with one hand from his easy chair, whilst tipping a mug of ale with the other...

Comment

• niki
        • Nov 2006
        • Poland
        • EB PK255

Thank you so much

Steve
        As Uncle Cracker said, "fully automatically" will take out a lot of fan out of the hobby...I mean, we shall still have the fan of buying tools (that everybody loves) but not so much fan to operate them by "remote control"...

Uncle Cracker
        That's very good idea but I think that after a few days it will be so boring in the garage...

Regards
        niki

Comment

• windmill
          Forum Newbie
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
          ...so that niki can run the thing with one hand from his easy chair, whilst tipping a mug of ale with the other...
          Make that: "run the thing with one hand from his easy chair, while taking pictures with the other..."

I know this is probably the least innovative part of the table, but I really dig the use of flooring laminate for the top. Durable, cheap, and looks pretty too.

Bas.

Comment

• DUD
            Royal Jester
            • Dec 2002
            • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3000

niki

I love Your work and Your ideas, they are some that We can learn from and use. Thanks, Bill
            5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• ryan.s
              • Feb 2006
              • So Cal
              • Ridgid TS3650

Niki, congrats on your recent publication! I forgot which magazine I was reading but noticed that one of your ideas got published in the tips section. Did you get compensation for publishing your tip?

Comment

• niki
                • Nov 2006
                • Poland
                • EB PK255

Bas
                It will not work...you see, my "actors" are inexperienced and I have to get up from the chair and show them how to act...only then, I can sit and shout "action"...

I "discovered" the floor panels when I made the floor in my living room and I was sliding on them, almost skiing...when I combined it with the fact that they give me15 years guaranty for walking on them...I used them for sleds, SawBord (CS guide), router table, Drill press sacrificial plate, hand router base and more.

Bill
                Thank you for your kind words

Ryan
                Thank you so much...It was on Wood Magazine...they sent me the issue to Poland and I got $75...maybe on the next issue I hit the jackpot...

Regards
                niki

Comment

• IBBugsy
                  Established Member
                  • Jan 2006
                  • Allentown, PA.
                  • BT3100

Thanks, niki!!

I never mentioned it before but your first post on making a router table on a folding workbench got me going to make my own. I also had floor laminate left over. Though I haven't added anything else to it yet, it works great!!

I bought another folding workbench and have it set up with my band saw.

Since my garage is my shop and I have to share it with 2 cars, putting things away efficiently is a must. The folding workbenches fit under my permanent workbench along one wall. The bandsaw goes on the top of the permanent workbench fpr storage but my router stays mounted to the folding workbench.
                  Dave - Weekend Garage Junkie
                  "I'm no physicist but I know what matters" - Popeye

Comment

Working...