• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mater
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • SC, USA.

Bosch 4100-09 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw

I am looking to buy a portable table saw because of its mobility and replace the Ridgid I have. I was looking at the Bosch 4100-09 10-Inch and the Ridgid 10 In. Heavy Duty Portable at HD. The Bosch is more expensive but it is the one I am leaning toward. Now I am wondering if it is worth $150 more. Does anyone have either of these? I would like to know if you are satisfied with the saw and if you have you had any problems. Thanks
    Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den
  • Cheeky
    • Nov 2006
    • westchester cty, new york
    • Ridgid TS2400LS

I have the Ridgid TS2400LS.

When I was scoping out portable TS's, it came down to the Bosch (4000 at the time) and the Ridgid. Ultimately price determined my decision, as the 2 saws are equally good.

With promotions and a HD coupon, I procurred the TS2400 for $320 plus tax.

The fence on the Ridgid is great, for a portable. Enough power for me (thin kerf after market blade does wonders). Stand is great, as is the one on the 4100. Lifetime Service agreement on the Ridgid is sweet. Tabletop is nice. Bladeguard is ok, not as cool as the 4100

I know the new 4100 has a real riving knife, which is nice. The Ridgid's is built in to the guard.

$600 is a lot of money to spend on a portable saw IMO. I would probably wait for a promotion from Amazon, or buy when Bosch comes to a tool store near you. They usually match the lowest current price, throw in extras like blades, outfeeds, etc. (at the Bosch events).

If you further consider the Ridgid, at minimum you should sign up for a HD movers coupon to save 10%. This saw occasionaly goes on sale. It was $299 on black friday.
    Pete

Comment

• siliconbauhaus
      • Dec 2006
      • hagerstown, md

Is it the one with the digital readout? If it is I'd jump on it and even if it isnt it's still the dog's bollocks from what I've read.
      パトリック
      daiku woodworking
      ^deshi^
      neoshed

Comment

• jtrcy
        Established Member
        • Jan 2005

I've had the Bosch 4000 saw for about 6 years now.

It's a very good saw, and they've done a few things to make it better, such as a much more durable design for the base.

Personally, I would not pay the $100 or whatever premium to get the digital readout fence - the regular fence scale is very accurate and easily read, so spend the money on better saw blades.

If you have a Costco store near you - they have a very good price for the saw and stand and offer a satisfaction guarantee on purchases there.

Julian

Comment

• Cheeky
          • Nov 2006
          • westchester cty, new york
          • Ridgid TS2400LS

Originally posted by jtrcy
          If you have a Costco store near you - they have a very good price for the saw and stand and offer a satisfaction guarantee on purchases there.
          none of the Costco's near me have any Bosch ts's.

what model, and how much?
          Pete

Comment

• Tom Hintz
            • Feb 2004
            • Concord, NC, USA.

This Bosch saw has been very well regarded since it came out. I used one in my shop as a second saw to my cabinet saw and it performed perfectly. I also hear from lots of people who bought the Bosch because they needed the space saving but found out it is far more capable than they anticipated.
            I have a review of this machine and the very cool Gravity Rise stand at the link below.

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/b4100rvu.html
            Tom Hintz
            NewWoodworker.com LLC

Comment

• lu50skeith
              Forum Newbie
              • Feb 2006

Bosch saw

Will this saw allow the use of stack dados?

Tom's review makes me think I need to keep an eye out for a sale!!

Comment

• Stormbringer
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2005
                • Floral Park, NY
                • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by lu50skeith
                Will this saw allow the use of stack dados?

Tom's review makes me think I need to keep an eye out for a sale!!
                Yes.

Another vote for the Bosch...five years now. Paid almost $600 at the time for the saw (4000) left and rear outfeed extensions and collapsable stand (not the gravity rise (N/A at the time).

Highly recommended for it's power and portability. Tom's review nailz it as does the 150 Amazon reviews. There were some complaints about it not accepting dado's but read through them and you realize you have to lose the inside washer (per Bosch). Again this is the 4000, don't know if it's been addressed on the new model but it looks sweet.

Greg

Comment

• Thalermade
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Ohio
                  • BT 3000

Back in September I attended a Bosch demo where you could play with the saws. The presentation the Bosch folks gave stressed safety, the easy on/off riving knife. They had one of the demo saws set up with a Bosch Dado blade.

Interesting note is that they had a drawing to give away the saws at the end of the evening. The next day one of the winners had his listed in Craigslist.

Have fun
                  Russ

Comment

• dabeeler
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Feb 2006

I recently purchased the Bosch 4100 from Amazon and got the digital readout for a 20% discount and a free Freud Blade. There was another tool that was supposed to be included with the saw purchase but the cupon code would not work. After customer service finished trying to make me happy I ended up with the saw, extra blade and digital readout for about $20 less than the price of the saw. I really like the riving knife and the modular design for the blade guard and kickback pawls. Keep an eye on amazon as they run specials from time to time on the saw. From my experience so far, you won't be disappointed with the Bosch.

Comment

• iceman61
                      • Oct 2007
                      • West TN
                      • Bosch 4100-09

I can't speak for the Ridgid saw but I can about the Bosch TS & Gravity-Rise stand. I have had mine for 1 year now & love it. It is super accurate. I still need to purchase a few accessories for it though. I have the dado insert but still need to get the molding insert. I use mine in the shop as well as for a remodeling business.

This saw in so easy to transport with the Gravity-Rise stand. 1 person to load it in the bed of the truck as opposed to 2 guys about to get twin hernias from loading my Sears contractor saw. Love it, love it love it

When I bought mine, HD had it on their website for $150 lower than Lowes. Since Lowes is in my town & HD is 50 miles away, I told them about the price & they matched it. (even though the nearest HD didn't stock it) Shop your prices, no matter which one you buy.

Comment

• mater
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2004
                        • SC, USA.

Thanks for the responses. I went to HD yesterday and they now have the Bosch 4100 on clearance but the price is still $599. They have about 8 in stock so I am hoping they may drop the price soon.
                        Ken aka "mater"

Ken's Den

Comment

• mater
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2004
                          • SC, USA.

Originally posted by mater
                          Thanks for the responses. I went to HD yesterday and they now have the Bosch 4100 on clearance but the price is still $599. They have about 8 in stock so I am hoping they may drop the price soon.
                          I went to HD today to purchase the Bosch saw and while there I thought of the Ridgid tools I had and haven't had any problems with any of them and HD had the Ridgid for $404 verses $599 for the Bosch and I used a 15% off Harbor Freight coupon and got it for $343.40 plus tax.
                          Ken aka "mater"

Ken's Den

Comment

• iceman61
                            • Oct 2007
                            • West TN
                            • Bosch 4100-09

Ken, it sounds like you got a killer deal. Enjoy it!

Comment

• buckeye95
                              Established Member
                              • May 2003
                              • Columbus, Ohio.
                              • Ridgid TS2400

Ken,

I am planning on buying the Ridgid as well while it is on sale and considered using the HF coupon. Did they give you a hassle to use it? Also, did you get the TS2400LS or 2410 model?

Regards,

Pete

Comment

Working...