X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dfstrasser
    Forum Newbie
    • Jul 2004
    • North Augusta, SC, USA.

$449 in SC. I would definately jump on one for $210!

Comment

• Coolmeadow Creations
      Forum Newbie
      • Sep 2006
      • Fort Worth area

Originally posted by dfstrasser
      $449 in SC. I would definately jump on one for $210!
      The three stores I talked to overhere in Tarrant and Parker counties were at 449.00 also. I called the Inwood store where Agg97 got his this am, all sold out. Surprise, surprise. He looked to see who had them locally, and gave me some stores to try. I called the Chalk Hill store on the west side of Dallas on I-30. They showed 4 in stock, 449. I mentioned the price at the Inwood store, and he said some stores close items out sooner than other stores. I asked if he could talk to the tool manager and see if they could work with me on price. He said "I am the tool manager". I said something like. Well, ok. Then he said, come see me, ask for JD, and I'll sell you one for that. I almost forgot to say "thank you" before hanging up the phone and jumping in the van to head over there. About a 80 mile round trip, but for $210.00, it was worth it.
      So, I now have to print out the rebate form and send it in for the free router.
      AGG97, thank you again for posting this and helping, hopefully many of us will get in on this deal!! This saw was second on my list of what I wanted, but as I said earlier, only because of the table size. The motor is not as powerful as the Makita either, but I think it will be fine. Now I need to go design and build a mobile stand. Jim
      Last edited by Coolmeadow Creations; 01-26-2008, 01:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Andrew Benedetto
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2003
        • SoCal, USA
        • Unisaw w. 52"Bies,22124CM & BT3K

http://www.reconditionedsales.com/ca...b7da5253d.aspx

$315, FS, no Tx. 5% off till 1/31 so $299
        I bought a nailer,NR90GR cordless frame nailer, $155 which is a steal, new is $359 uses regular code type round nails and goes 2- 3 1/2" true common which most air guns can not shoot. Looks brand new, not a scratch on it,and I like that it is made in Japan not China, fuel cell is the same as Pasload type,these are made in Germany.
        The 12" digital slider w. laser is $435- 5%= $413.,non digital $394-5%=$374
        I think their Recons are just returns actually. Good people to deal with except they may take a while to get back on questions by phone, best to email CS.

I like the Makita LS1013L I have better but the Hitachi as said is better than the DW's and others. For cheap, the Kobalt seems OK at Lowes BTW. For me, I would buy a 12" if I had to do it over to avoid cpd. cuts on crown.
        Andrew

Comment

• Agg97
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2006
          • Dallas, TX

Originally posted by Coolmeadow Creations
          The three stores I talked to overhere in Tarrant and Parker counties were at 449.00 also. I called the Inwood store where Agg97 got his this am, all sold out. Surprise, surprise. He looked to see who had them locally, and gave me some stores to try. I called the Chalk Hill store on the west side of Dallas on I-30. They showed 4 in stock, 449. I mentioned the price at the Inwood store, and he said some stores close items out sooner than other stores. I asked if he could talk to the tool manager and see if they could work with me on price. He said "I am the tool manager". I said something like. Well, ok. Then he said, come see me, ask for JD, and I'll sell you one for that. I almost forgot to say "thank you" before hanging up the phone and jumping in the van to head over there. About a 80 mile round trip, but for $210.00, it was worth it.
          So, I now have to print out the rebate form and send it in for the free router.
          AGG97, thank you again for posting this and helping, hopefully many of us will get in on this deal!! This saw was second on my list of what I wanted, but as I said earlier, only because of the table size. The motor is not as powerful as the Makita either, but I think it will be fine. Now I need to go design and build a mobile stand. Jim
          Sweet! Glad you were able to find a place that would match, Jim. Have fun with the new saw. Built a wall last weekend with a header for a door. Cut a 2x12 like buttah.

Steve

Comment

Working...