BT3Central Forums

Go Back   BT3Central Forums > Discussions > Bargain Alerts

Bargain Alerts Use this forum to post info about a great bargain you have found on any woodworking related item. Please be aware that posts in this forum will be deleted once they expire or if they are found to be unworthy. Please, no "gloats" unless it is a deal that others can get. The items posted should be new and/or refurbished merchandise, and must be available to more that just the posting individual. Also, suffecient information should be included that would allow an individual to find the item, preferably on the web or through a local store.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Forum Newbie

southernbob is on a distinguished road
Lowes clearance 12" Task Force Miter saw

Stopped in at the local Lowes right after they opened and there was boxes of 12" Task Force Miter saws where they usually put the specials. I asked the clerk if they were on sale, and he they were just going on clearance. They were not even marked yet with the price so he went and got his price marker and said they were $80 reg. $169, so got one. They are probably not the "best" saw but at that price it seems like a good buy. The checkout clerk said as soon as the contractors show up, they will be gone. Lowes has taken it off their web site at least for the local store (Boca Raton,FL) They
do show the 10" saw. Item No. 229634

On the way home I saw a Scott"s drop spreader (almost new) put out for the trash man and stopped and "rescued" that. Also, found a today paper still in the plastic wrapper laying on the street, so "rescued" that. At the grocery store I saved $33.65 with coupons and specials. Glad I went out shopping this morning.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Established Member

Red88chevy is on a distinguished road
WOW! What a morning, not sure if you should take the rest of the day off or get back out there. It looks like your lucky day!
Old 02-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Forum Newbie

Chadwick is on a distinguished road
Good price, looked at one and liked it at $169. They are still $169 around here, and not $80, which seems to be a good deal.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Forum Newbie

L Dunlap is on a distinguished road
Smile 12 inch Task Force compound miter saw for $64.80

Last week at the Lowe's store in Franklin, Tn. I found a 12 in. miter saw for $64.80. It was the display model that had been on sale for $71.99.
The clerk had to search for the parts to it and couldn't find the blade, so he gave me another (better) blade to go with it.
I am not sure how good a saw this is, but at the price what's the worry?
Old 07-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Forum Newbie

L Dunlap is on a distinguished road
Smile 12 inch Task Force compound miter saw for $64.80

Last week at the Lowe's store in Franklin, Tn. I found a 12 in. miter saw for $64.80. It was the display model that had been on sale for $71.99.
The clerk had to search for the parts to it and couldn't find the blade, so he gave me another (better) blade to go with it.
I am not sure how good a saw this is, but at the price what's the worry?
Old 07-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Veteran Member

messmaker is on a distinguished road
I been waiting on it to closeout. I hope I can find one. I see a morning on the phone with all the local Lowe's in my future.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Forum Newbie

KLF is on a distinguished road
I don't mean to sound like a tool snob (even if I am one), but it's been my experience that anything with the "Task Force" brand on it isn't worth the box it's packaged in. Bottom of the barrel cheapo crap, similar to the "Companion" junk that Sears sells.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member

messmaker is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLF View Post
I don't mean to sound like a tool snob (even if I am one), but it's been my experience that anything with the "Task Force" brand on it isn't worth the box it's packaged in. Bottom of the barrel cheapo crap, similar to the "Companion" junk that Sears sells.
I talked to a friend of mine that works in the tool dept. of my local store and he said it was not very sturdy and should be avoided. He showed me the # of damaged models that were in the region. Almost every store had one. He said that the high # could reflect floor models that were missing parts but the # still looked way high to him.