This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MilDoc

Peltor WorkTunes AM/FM Hearing Protector with Digital Tuning

Not a "tool" in the strict sense, but a nice addition.

Amazon dropped the price to $49.99 and with a $25 certificate I couldn't pass it up (my cost $24.99).

I had the older version for a number of years. Reception wasn't great in the shop, and most of the time when I reached to change the volume I'd hit the station knob and lose what I was listening to. Not the easiest to retune.

This version has digital tuning with a scan function and 5 memories you can set. Really cool! Tunes the stations in exactly!

And, in the shop, reception is just as good as outdoors. No loss at all. Much better than the older model.

I really love it when I find a new model that is a definite improvement over the old. Too many times "new and improved" doesn't live up to expectations.
  • Popeye
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2003
    • Woodbine, Ga
    • Grizzly 1023SL

I have the older version. Reception is the pits in the shop. Reception is the pits for everything else in the shop too. I'm 45 miles from the nearest decent radio stations.
    Doc how far are you? I'd love to have a set of ear protectors that work and I could listen to the radio but I'm too cheap to buy another set with the same resulting poor reception quality. Pat
    Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

Comment

• MilDoc

Nearest station I like to listen to is in Waco, about 100 miles.

Comment

• mikel
        Established Member
        • Jul 2006
        • philadelphia
        • bt 3100

Satalite radio and them FM to the headphones....

love it

...m

Comment

• Russianwolf
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
          • One of them there Toy saws

The only question I have, Is why it took them so long. I mean man, digital tuners have been the rage for the last 20 years and all.

Good to hear that I'll be able to upgrade mine soon.
          Mike
          Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

Working...