• Show
Clear All
  • b75025
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2003
    • McKinney, TX
    • Ryobi BT3100

Free Ryobi tool with purchase at HD

I just saw the ad in BORG and was able to purchase a 339-208 Starter kit (Drill, Circular Saw, 2-18v batteries, 1-hour charger, and bag) for $109 and got a free $119 Lithium upgrade kit sku 830-422(1-18v Lithium battery and the new 40 min. charger). I took them both to the cashier, and she rang them up. Starter kit $109 and Lithium Upgrade kit $119 plus a credit for $119. Net cost $109 plus tax! Offer is valid 6/5/08 - 6/18/08

The web ad says you need to send in a rebate form, but why wait! Here's the web ad:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...508-_-shop_now
    Attached Files
    Last edited by b75025; 06-07-2008, 02:26 PM. Reason: Add picture
    "I see", said the blind man, so he picked up his hammer and saw.
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

That sounds too good to be true, I will have to go to HD and check it out? I have a one+ set and one of the batteries is on its way out so was considering getting the lithium upgrade kit. This way I could get it for $109 instead of $119 and just sell the combo kit on as I have both those tools already.
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com

Comment

• stormdog74
      Established Member
      • Mar 2007
      • Sacramento, CA
      • Ridgid TS3650

If I am not mistaken I believe that $109 starter set was available for around $30 or $40 a while back - during some big holiday (Chirstmas?). Still, a pretty decent deal though.

Edit: Okay, I found the receipt and it was actually $60; I suppose it is like a fish story - the deal gets better the more time has passed!
      Last edited by stormdog74; 06-08-2008, 01:16 AM. Reason: Mistaken price

Comment

• jgscott987
        Established Member
        • Sep 2004
        • Greensboro, NC, USA.
        • BT3100 +

WOW!

I did a quick check on ebay- refurbished saw + drill kits are selling pretty regularly for $60 + $20 s/h.

Buy Starter Kit for $109, sell it for $60 on ebay, effectively get the Lithium upgrade for $49+ tax.

Here's the text from the ad:

Online (homedepot.com) offer only and not redeemable in stores. See display in your local The Home Depot store for an instant rebate option.

(added emphasis is mine.)

Edit: You can also do this online with free shipping, however you have to wait to receive the lithium kit by mail. Here's the text from the ad:

Last edited by jgscott987; 06-09-2008, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• b75025
          Forum Newbie
          • Dec 2003
          • McKinney, TX
          • Ryobi BT3100

I guess the key to this deal is that my HD has this kit marked sku 339-208. If you look online, the same sku has only the bare drill and saw. Not sure what that's about . . . maybe some leftovers from a special they had. Best to just visit BORG and you should see the large sign at the tool depot. If you find the same starter set, grab one and the Lithium upgrade set and head for the cashier! (BTW, I've already sold the unopened starter kit for $105 on Craigslist). Happy Hunting!
          "I see", said the blind man, so he picked up his hammer and saw.

Comment

• Bigbit
            Established Member
            • Aug 2007
            • Southern California
            • BT3100-1

Originally posted by stormdog74
            If I am not mistaken I believe that $109 starter set was available for around $30 or $40 a while back - during some big holiday (Chirstmas?). Still, a pretty decent deal though.

Edit: Okay, I found the receipt and it was actually $60; I suppose it is like a fish story - the deal gets better the more time has passed!
            I think that the kit you are referring to is the one that they had as the "Black Friday" special to kick off the Christmas shopping season. Drill, saw, flashlight and radio with battery and charger for $59.

Comment

• stormdog74
              Established Member
              • Mar 2007
              • Sacramento, CA
              • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by Bigbit
              I think that the kit you are referring to is the one that they had as the "Black Friday" special to kick off the Christmas shopping season. Drill, saw, flashlight and radio with battery and charger for $59.
              Yeah, that's the one - a pretty good deal looking back on it now...

Comment

• jgscott987
                Established Member
                • Sep 2004
                • Greensboro, NC, USA.
                • BT3100 +

Works great, fellas. I picked up two One+ starter kits for $110, and two Li-Ion upgrade kits for free in store. A couple of items to note:

1. The Li-Ion upgrade kits are in short supply (even shorter now in Greensboro ). The first store I went to didn't have any in stock, and the other stores in town just had between 0 and 4.

2. The tear tags seem to be in short supply. The first HD I went to had plenty of them, but no Li-Ion kits. The second HD I went to had the batteries, but no hang tags anywhere! Fortunately I held on to one of the tags from the first store I visited. The people in the store had no idea about the promotion, despite the fact that there was a giant sign above the Ryobi display "Free One+ Tool with Combo Purchase!"

Call ahead to check stock, and bring a copy of the hang tag if you can find one. If anyone needs a copy, I'll scan it tonight. The deal works at the self-checkout, so you can use your coupon twice if you need to. They are not individually numbered.

Anybody need a Ryobi One+ starter kit?????
                Last edited by jgscott987; 06-09-2008, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• stormdog74
                  Established Member
                  • Mar 2007
                  • Sacramento, CA
                  • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by jgscott987
                  Works great, fellas. I picked up two One+ starter kits for $110, and two Li-Ion upgrade kits for free in store. A couple of items to note:

1. The Li-Ion upgrade kits are in short supply (even shorter now in Greensboro ). The first store I went to didn't have any in stock, and the other stores in town just had between 0 and 4.

2. The tear tags seem to be in short supply. The first HD I went to had plenty of them, but no Li-Ion kits. The second HD I went to had the batteries, but no hang tags anywhere! Fortunately I held on to one of the tags from the first store I visited. The people in the store had no idea about the promotion, despite the fact that there was a giant sign above the Ryobi display "Free One+ Tool with Combo Purchase!"

Call ahead to check stock, and bring a copy of the hang tag if you can find one. If anyone needs a copy, I'll scan it tonight. The deal works at the self-checkout, so you can use your coupon twice if you need to. They are not individually numbered.

Anybody need a Ryobi One+ starter kit?????
                  So, how did you do this at self checkout? Do you ring up both kits and then scan the coupon? I went in today at a regular checkout and got shot down - they said that the Lithium upgrade kit wasn't a tool.

Comment

• jgscott987
                    Established Member
                    • Sep 2004
                    • Greensboro, NC, USA.
                    • BT3100 +

Originally posted by stormdog74
                    So, how did you do this at self checkout? Do you ring up both kits and then scan the coupon? I went in today at a regular checkout and got shot down - they said that the Lithium upgrade kit wasn't a tool.
                    I did two separate transactions. I Scanned the Starter Kit, then the Li-Ion kit, then the coupon- it immediately showed up as a $119 discount. I paid my $116 incl. tax, then did a whole 'nother transaction.

The ad on the website specifically lists the Li-Ion upgrade kit as eligible. Print this out and take it in, or just go the self-checkout route.

On an unrelated note, the alarm bells went off when I went through the exit. I guess I didn't deactivate all of the inventory tags. I stopped to look around to see if anyone wanted to check my stuff. I stood there for a good 15 seconds and not a single HD employee so much as glanced in my direction. Some security measure that is.

Comment

• stormdog74
                      Established Member
                      • Mar 2007
                      • Sacramento, CA
                      • Ridgid TS3650

I did two separate transactions. I Scanned the Starter Kit, then the Li-Ion kit, then the coupon- it immediately showed up as a $119 discount. I paid my $116 incl. tax, then did a whole 'nother transaction.

The ad on the website specifically lists the Li-Ion upgrade kit as eligible. Print this out and take it in, or just go the self-checkout route.

On an unrelated note, the alarm bells went off when I went through the exit. I guess I didn't deactivate all of the inventory tags. I stopped to look around to see if anyone wanted to check my stuff. I stood there for a good 15 seconds and not a single HD employee so much as glanced in my direction. Some security measure that is.
                      Thanks - will try that. You're right about the ad (which I hadn't bothered to look at before I went in, and the coupon says nothing about what "tools" are free), which I will bring just in case. They seemed a bit baffled by the promotion - don't they brief their employees on upcoming promotions?!

Comment

• poolhound
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2006
                        • Phoenix, AZ
                        • BT3100

I got one today. took it to the checkout and the upgrade kit was refunded automatically.
                        Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
                        techzibits.com

Comment

• jhart
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2004
                          • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                          • BT3100

Thanks for the heads up on this deal. Picked up the package with the lithium battery and ended up with a next cost for the battery/charger of $41.00, after selling the starter kit on CL. Pretty good deal at that price.
                          Joe
                          "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

• Pappy
                            The Full Monte
                            • Dec 2002
                            • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                            • BT3000 (x2)

Got mine the day before it ended and sold the starter kit for $90. Final cost of upgrade kit was $27.86!
                            Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                            Fools because they have to say something.
                            Plato

Comment

• jhart
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2004
                              • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                              • BT3100

I was hoping to get $90 - 100. for the kit, but there were 3 others on CL, 2 priced at $75.00 and 1 at $100.00. All 3 were some distance from Minneapolis, so I was a little more local. Only got 1 call on it and he bought it. All in all, I'm happy.

Pappy, your deal was sweet!!!!
                              Joe
                              "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

Working...