• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Further improving router fence?

Simply put, I am looking for ideas on how to further improve the router fence on the BT3K accessory kit. I replaced the faces on mine with MDF blocks and included T track, but I am not happy with having to VERY painstakingly set equal depth etc... on my router fence each time I set it up...

I'd like to see folks improved setups based on the BT3KIT. Any takers?
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

Loose the stock mounting brackets, they're about the worst of the BT accessories.

I did a simple fence out of MDF right after I got my 21829. I tried the stock router fence a couple times and it was terrible to use. It is a fixed design (no moveable faces) that used to just clamp to my tablesaw fence. Variations of it have shown up in about all of the woodworking mags. I have since procured another BT fence that the router fence is permanently attached to. I need to get around to adding some movable faces someday. I'll see if I have any photos around here.
    Last edited by pelligrini; 06-17-2009, 10:14 AM.
    Erik

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

Here's a couple cropped shots of the fence. Glad my camera was fairly high resolution.
      Attached Files
      Erik

Comment

Working...