• Show
Clear All
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

Dust Right hose station

I recently picked up a Rockler 'Dust Right' expandable hose. http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=43892

It's not the easiest thing to put up. Sort of like trying to carry around a 3' long slinky. The first few days I just laid it on the ground and slid it back into the box. I did pick up Rocklers metal holder, but it still has a few issues too. The holder isn't really long enough for the 21' hose & handle. It might work better mounted to a wall, but I wanted it mobile. The magnetic metal stand is in the bottom of the holder I made for my Jet-650. I need to make a larger base for the collector. It's getting a little tippy on the motor/hose end.

I'm still working out the ducting, hence the blue tape and worm clamps. I'm pretty sure this is close to the way the collector ports will be for a while.

Having that long hose stored on the mobile collector is really handy.
    Attached Files
    Erik
  • bloomingtonmike
    Forum Newbie
    • Jun 2009

Whats up with the Quick Shade tent?

I wish that Dust right hose came in 6".

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

The shade is the Summer clothes for the shop. I'd bake to a cinder without it. I also hang a canvas drop cloth off the West side.

There's a photo from last summer in this thread: http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=45644
      Erik

Comment

• catta12
        Established Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Reno, NV
        • BTS20R

Looks like you have a good way to contain the slinky. I ordered my own dust right hose yesterday with the 20% off sale so I will be approaching the same situation shortly. Anything that you would have done differently?
        If you can read this you assembled wrong.

Alan

Comment

• pelligrini
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2007
          • Fort Worth, TX
          • Craftsman 21829

So far, not much. I probably wouldn't have bought their holder though. A few magnets set into the wood would have done the same thing. I didn't know the 21' hose would fall off it so easily, especially when mounted vertically.
          Erik

Comment

Working...