• Show
Clear All
  • Bill in Buena Park
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Buena Park, CA
    • CM 21829

21829 Outfeed Table

Borrowed this design from the recent posting by JoeyGee (who credited Gugie with the design).

Substructure is an old hollowcore 30in door, which I cut in two - a 35in wide piece for the outfeed table, and the 43in remnant for a small project table surface.

The outfeed table is surfaced with a 1/2in MDF substrate and topped with removable hardboard (thanks to those who suggested this approach). Edged with poplar. Only thing left to do on the top is route the dados for the miter bar channels, and apply some wax. Attaches to fence with hinges by t-bolts & star knobs in the back rail, supported at rear by roller-stand. As you can see in the underside mounting shot, I left the bottom door surface as is.

The last picture is the small project table made from the door remnant, topped with MDF, and edged with douglas fir. It will be used on the saw horses as pictured for small assemblies and other stuff.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bill in Buena Park; 08-21-2009, 01:34 AM.
    Bill in Buena Park
  • bigstick509
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Macomb, MI, USA.
    • BT3100

Great looking outfeed table. It gives me some ideas for a upgrade.

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

Nice job, sometimes I wish I made mine a bit smaller. You're going to like having an outfeed table.

If you move your saw a lot you might take a look at a version I did. http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=41179 My 21829 gets moved at the end of every session. My outfeed table is very easy to remove and setup. Those sliding dovetail legs are very stable too.
      Erik

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2007
        • Buena Park, CA
        • CM 21829

Thanks for the kind words.

Mike - very nice table - what would you change?

Erik - love the knockdown design, much quicker than my bolt-on method. I had considered the adjustable leg design, and may incorporate both features of yours at some point.

My light piece of door got considerably heavier when I added the MDF, hardboard, and edging - this little 36x30in piece is now 25lbs.
        Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• crokett
          The Full Monte
          • Jan 2003
          • Mebane, NC, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000

Very nice design. Erik, I think I am going to borrow your design for the rail clips to hold the door on when I build my outfeed table. What I think I am going to do is wait till the PM66 is there and get both saws at the same height so they can share the outfeed table.

Oh if anybody needs a source for flat panel doors, check out the Habitat Restore in your area. They have plenty of the flat panel doors even cheaper than Lowes and HD do.
          David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

Working...