• Show
Clear All
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

Rockler T-Bolts

Can anyone confirm if a 1/4" rockler t-bolt fits an Incra t-track?

I know their 5/16 bolts do not fit. I picked up a big assortment box of knobs & bolts but the heads of the bolts are too wide for all on my incra t-track.

My router table, saw, drill press table & other its all use the incra track.
    Erik
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

I know it sounds dumb, but there is a good reason I picked the Rockler Universal T-track kits when I went for T track. Not that they are any better, or worse than the others on the market, but rather that there is a Rockler nearby, one thing I DID notice was that both the Rockler, and the Incra accept standard 1/4" hex head bolts. Why not go that way? That way the only "special" pieces you have to buy are the star knobs...

There REALLY ought to be compatibility standards between the different manufacturers of this stuff. It seems stupid that you can't use Rockler T bolts in Incra track...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

I've been using 1/4" bolts, some T-bolts I got from woodcraft, and some toilet bolts I already had from somewhere. My knob supply was getting low and some of the bolts too. The rockler package looked like something handy to have onhand, as I hate going to the store for a bolt or two. I really dislike having to wait for some mailorder hardware.

I prefer the T-bolts over regular 1/4" bolts. The T-bolts move in my tracks a little easier in that they always clear the panhead screws that fasten most of them down. The regular bolts sometimes catch. I really like them for shopmade t-slots as I can leave more material for the slot, especially at the top lips.
      Erik

Comment

• pelligrini
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2007
        • Fort Worth, TX
        • Craftsman 21829

Well ****,

I just found my answer on Rocklers website. The 1/4" bolts are the same width.

Note:
        Bottom plates on 5/16''-18 T-bolts measure 9/16'' W x 7/8'' L x 7/64'' H.
        Bottom plates on 1/4''-20 T-bolts measure 9/16'' W x 11/16'' L x 7/64'' H.
        Erik

Comment

Working...