• Show
Clear All
  • mfk
    Forum Newbie
    • Jul 2009
    • Clark County, Washington
    • BT3000

HF sale on 6" x 48" Belt and 9" Disc Combination Sander

Any opinions as to whether this is a good deal? The coupon does not mention use of other discounts so I'm assuming I can use a 20% off coupon also so price would be $135.99. The coupon is good thru 6/27

6" x 48" Belt and 9" Disc Combination Sander
    Item # 6852

Free Accessories: Stand, 6" Belt, 9" Disc
    Larger belt and disc provide excellent results on big jobs.

Two position work table for disc or belt tilts to 45°
    Easy tension adjustment
    Cast iron base
    1 HP Volts: 110 Table size: 6-1/2'' x 12-3/4'' Sanding belt size: 6" x 48" Belt speed: 1280 FPM Sanding disc size: 9'' Disc speed: 1720 RPM Overall dimensions: 16-1/2" x 14-3/4" x 40''

1 Review(s)
    Only: $249.99

Sale: $169.99
  • b75025
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2003
    • McKinney, TX
    • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by mfk
    Any opinions as to whether this is a good deal? The coupon does not mention use of other discounts so I'm assuming I can use a 20% off coupon also so price would be $135.99. The coupon is good thru 6/27

6" x 48" Belt and 9" Disc Combination Sander
    Item # 6852

Free Accessories: Stand, 6" Belt, 9" Disc
    Larger belt and disc provide excellent results on big jobs.

Two position work table for disc or belt tilts to 45°
    Easy tension adjustment
    Cast iron base
    1 HP Volts: 110 Table size: 6-1/2'' x 12-3/4'' Sanding belt size: 6" x 48" Belt speed: 1280 FPM Sanding disc size: 9'' Disc speed: 1720 RPM Overall dimensions: 16-1/2" x 14-3/4" x 40''

1 Review(s)
    Only: $249.99

Sale: $169.99
    Probably not going to find a better price for a 6" belt 9" Disk combo sander, but be aware that there is no dust collection, adjustments are trial-and-error, metal disk may not run true, and the belts are poor quality. I had this sander for 5 years, and got much better results with Klingspor belts. I learned to overlook the shortcomings, but you may find working with it frustrating. Look for ways to control dust, as this one will fill your shop!

Check out an expensive one for ideas on improvements.
    "I see", said the blind man, so he picked up his hammer and saw.

Comment

• tommyt654
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2008

They will have the smaller 4 x 36 on sale in July if you can use the smaller version for $59,.., http://www.harborfreight.com/retail-flyer, Its on the second page of the last flyer on the right.

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

That sound like a lot of sander for the price and you won't likely beat the price for a 6 x 48- 9" but... the con's stated by b25075 should be noted. I might could live with most of the con's he stated but the fact it has no dust control pick-up would make me walk away personally.

If there is any small machine that I would use inside the shop I want dust control on it is my vertical belt sander and my spindle sander as everything that comes off them is very fine dust. I would definitely suggest a dust mask using it but the real problem lies in all that floats and settles on everything else in the shop. You won't escape that dust in the long haul. Nasty stuff in terms of long term breathing.

Good luck...

Comment

• mfk
          Forum Newbie
          • Jul 2009
          • Clark County, Washington
          • BT3000

Originally posted by SARGE..g-47
          That sound like a lot of sander for the price and you won't likely beat the price for a 6 x 48- 9" but... the con's stated by b25075 should be noted. I might could live with most of the con's he stated but the fact it has no dust control pick-up would make me walk away personally.

If there is any small machine that I would use inside the shop I want dust control on it is my vertical belt sander and my spindle sander as everything that comes off them is very fine dust. I would definitely suggest a dust mask using it but the real problem lies in all that floats and settles on everything else in the shop. You won't escape that dust in the long haul. Nasty stuff in terms of long term breathing.

Good luck...
          Not realizing it didn't have any dust ports did indeed kill it for me. I just finished hanging my DC pipe and hooking it up to my HF collector and what a BIG difference!!

Comment

Working...