If you've been wondering about Sarge ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

If you've been wondering about Sarge ...

Last week, more or less simultaneously, Black Wallnut and I realized we'd not seen hide nor hair of Sarge..g-47 for several months. I had his email addy so I sent him a note to ask what's up, whether all was well, etc.

Turns out he spent the fall and early winter repainting his house, and with that done decided to take a break for a while. He told me that over the last three years he has built a replacement for just about every stick of furniture in his house, and built some pieces for friends and family as well. (Many of you will recall that Sarge posted a LOT of completed projects, possibly more than anyone else here, and it was always really nice stuff, too.)

In any event, after all that work he said he was suffering from a little burnout on woodworking and had decided to take a break from it and the various discussion forums. But he said he intends to get back in the shop in the spring, when the weather warms up. He also said he might get the itch to talk woodworking even sooner, and to not be surprised if he suddenly reappears.

So if you've been wondering what happened to old Sarge ... now you know!
    Larry
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

Glad to hear it!

I have been missing him for a while. I've always respected his opinions and postings. I wanted to ask about him, but if there was any bad news I didn't want to know it.
    Erik

Comment

• Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Definitely good to hear. Sarge is one of the "good guys" for sure.
      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• BobSch
        • Aug 2004
        • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
        • BT3100

Glad to hear he's doing well. As far as burnout is concerned... Been there, done that.
        Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2007
          • Buena Park, CA
          • CM 21829

Glad to here Sarge is well and his showcase of QSWO mission furnitue will be back among us soon.
          Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• sweensdv
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • WI
            • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

It's good to learn all is well with Sarge. Everyone needs to take a break every now and then so enjoy Sarge, you've earned it.

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Good morning all... Thanks for the inquiry Larry as too my status... and the follow up comments made. I won't comment further as LarryG did an excellent job getting that across. I am on official break if you want to call it that. Got to dig out a flat spot under my rear deck and concrete for a new portable generator I purchased after the 6" snow a few weeks ago in Atlanta. Trust me... the "to do list" never ends"... Never!

I made 4 attempts to log in this morning as I couldn't remember my password. I suppose I should write those things down as I haven't posted anywhere until now since Sept. Frankly... even though I have heat in my shop I waiting this cold winter out. Hope everyone is doing well and not snow or ice bound as 1/2 the country is more or less paralyzed at the moment. Good luck to those that fit in those shoes.

See you guys in a few months...

Regards...

Comment

• Black wallnut
                cycling to health
                • Jan 2003
                • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                • BT3k 1999

Thanks for checking in Sarge, you are a greatly valued member of our community. Glad to hear all is well.
                Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

Working...