• Show
Clear All
  • mrpedersen
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2010
    • Warburg, Alberta
    • Craftsman 315.274130

My Mobile TS Unit

Hi everyone, its been a little while since I've been here. The last time was getting info on aux tables and T-nuts & bolts. Since then I've had both eyes done (cataracts and new corneas) first time 60 yrs with no glasses - really cool. so if my spelling is off, its the focus right now.

Anyways .. just completed my first project (95%) and wanted to get it posted. My inspiration came from various links here - Yamato72 and I believe JimD and Rod Kirby.. Needed to lower my TS from 37 1/2 to 32 1/2, so why not a cabinet.

This show the under base, I used some steel door roller tracks for support.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PCab-11.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	797322

Frame work is basic construction material, 2x2 and some 2x4's. The base and top are a couple pieces of the 3/4" mdf mentioned before. The 2 drawers were out of a built in vanity that was here (demoed a couple years ago.) 16"x19"x5" deep. worked out good for me.

Name:	PCab-22.jpg
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	797323

With my TS attached. You can see the height difference from the old runoff table behind to the right. Will be doing a new one now. Also, I do have a lot of oak trim that I can finish the unit with, but for now its functional. Moves real easy and I can manipulate it from my wheeler. Oh - And an electrical box.. Cool.

Name:	PCab-33.jpg
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	797324

And now I can attack the aux tables - left and right. Also, have a unit to do for the miter saw, a small bandsaw and a router table. Have been using old TV cabinets that were here - good for a lot of things.

glenn
  • woodinville guy
    Established Member
    • Sep 2003
    • Cedar Park, TX

looks nice, at first I thought it was an assembly table. Man I wish I had one of those. great idea on the steel supports.
    - Dave

Comment

• 4estgump
      Established Member
      • Nov 2006
      • Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
      • Ryobi BT3000

Very very nice work. Will last you a long time.
      4est

Comment

• Black wallnut
        cycling to health
        • Jan 2003
        • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
        • BT3k 1999

Welcome back mrpedersen! Looks great!
        Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• Turaj
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
          • BT3000 (1998)

Glenn, very nice mobile base. Looking forward to see your other projects.
          Turaj (in Toronto)
          "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!" Henny Youngman

Comment

• mrpedersen
            Forum Newbie
            • Aug 2010
            • Warburg, Alberta
            • Craftsman 315.274130

HI, thanks for the compliments. I feel that it'll give me good service. And as mentioned I'll get started on the dimensions for the other couple units. They should go smoother having 1 under my belt.

glenn

Comment

Working...