Pics of my HF 2HP DC with Grizzly Canister filter and Neutral Vane, remote relay

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Pics of my HF 2HP DC with Grizzly Canister filter and Neutral Vane, remote relay

All the picture posts seem to have disappeared.

So I'll repost them.
    Some pictures of a neutral vane for the HF DC. Helps direct the air flow into the ring and avoid mixing with the vertical air exiting the lower section. Picture showing swirl helped by NV. Recommended by Bill Pentz.

Simple Belly pan for the BT3 for a DC 4" hose - works great leaves virtually no dust on the inside; helps avaoid shim and elevation and motor problems.
    Picture with side removed shows typical cleanliness when using belly pan and DC.

Magnetically attached BT tool rack = handy for blade wrenches, allen wrenches and screwdrivers

HF 2HP DC with Grizzly canister mounted. Fits 20" ring perfectly. Note beater bar handle on top, helps clear fine dust from pleats.

Relay booster in next post.

I have available on request (by PM if you send me your e-mail addy) relay construction article, Neutral vane construction article and of course the BT3 FAQ.
    Also poplar was the Bottom DC Dust port I added to the BT3
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 08-30-2020, 08:25 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Relay remote:
    This relay booster allows a inexpensive wireless remote or automatic sensing switch rated for only a few amps to control a DC drawing 15-20 amps and maybe 60-70 amps staring current.
    It also allows running the DC off a separate circuit so that the auto switch doesn't draw both the tool load and the DC load from the same circuit. (and one or the other can be 220V).

The box houses the relay. THe wire on the right plugs into the wall to power the DC- could plug into 120V or 220V whichever your DC requires. The DC plugs into the top. The plug coming out the front side of the view is the relay control. THe top white box is a wireless remote control.

Circuit and construction article available by PM request.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 04-04-2011, 10:29 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Loring, that looks really good! It seems like your belly pan works better than mine for some reason though. I typically get some build up in the corners of the saw housing with mine, but other than that, it's clean...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Relative
        Established Member
        • Mar 2007
        • Garden Grove, CA
        • Ridgid R4512

Originally posted by LCHIEN
        Relay remote:Circuit and construction article available by PM request.
        PM sent

Mike
        Veterans are people who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America, for an amount up to and including their life.

Comment

• toolguy1000
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2009
          • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by LCHIEN
          Circuit and construction article available by PM request.
          pm sent for plan.
          there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• RHunter
            Established Member
            • Mar 2004
            • Mechanicsville, VA, USA.
            • BT3100

Another PM sent on the circuit and construction plan...

Thx!

-DD
            "You should give blood on a regular basis.."
            "Why I do of course, I'm a woodworker..."

Comment

• thetimbo
              Forum Newbie
              • Mar 2010

Another PM sent for relay circuit and neutral vane plans. Thanks, LCHIEN.

Comment

• pjzeee
                Forum Newbie
                • Dec 2009
                • Colorado Springs, Co
                • Ryobie BT3000 (2000 vintage) & 1940's Combination Delta 10" Table Saw, 6" Jointer

Relay remote

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LCHIEN -
                Relay remote:Circuit and construction article available by PM request.

I think I sent a PM requesting the information on the Relay Remote but can't find a record of my request on the web site.

Thanks a bunch!!
                PZ

Comment

Working...