• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lonnie in Orlando
    • May 2003
    • Orlando, FL, USA.
    • BT3000

WWJ shows my band saw fence again!

WoodWorker's Journal published my band saw fence in "Tricks of the Trade" in the April 2005 issue. They paid me a little money. I was pretty happy and bragged about it on BT3 Central.

Well wha-da-ya-know, it's in the June WWJ e-Zine "Tricks of the Trade" today. They musta reached into the grab bag and pulled out my "trick" again. No money this time, but still kinda neat.

Here's the e-Zine link.

Click on this pic for more pics in a slideshow. Although there are a number of pics with the resaw fence attached, I usually use it without. Still use the fence. Wouldn't make any changes.

Thanks for looking,

- Lonnie
    OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

I bet that beats the snot out of the Craftsman fence I put on my HF bandsaw!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• phrog
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2005
      • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Cool, Lonnie. I've been thinking about a bandsaw fence the last couple weeks. I think I may use your idea for guidance if you don't mind. Thanks.
      Richard
      Richard

Comment

• Lonnie in Orlando
        • May 2003
        • Orlando, FL, USA.
        • BT3000

> dbhost -
        That Chinese Commie green paint is a dead giveaway to it's heritage!

> phrog -
        Feel free to grab some ideas.

- No exact measurements. Make the "tee" long enough for the fence to slide to each edge of the table. Make the fence long enough to mate with the "tee" and to hold the clamps.

- Use a shim between the "tee" and the fence to lower the "tee" below the top of the table so that workpieces will not catch on it. I used a piece of 1/8" plywood / door skin.

- Move the two screws in the infeed side of the table in or out to adjust the fence for drift. Cinch the screws in place with a jam nut.

- Rig up some type of built in clamp to lock the fence to the table front and back. You could use C-clamps etc., but they are a pain. My clamps use dowels to pivot against the bottom of the fence and tee nuts and carriage bolts with home-made knobs to pull the clamp against the edge of the table. They were simple to build.

- Push the fence against the screws as you clamp it to the table.

- The resaw fence sits on the fence and is clamped top and side by more carriage bolts and tee nuts. Might be easier just to make a separate complete tall fence for resawing.

It takes longer to describe than it does to build.

- Lonnie
        OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

Congratulations, again! You have good insights into jigs! I probably will be copying this in the future. Thanks!
          Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...