Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • New York City
    • bt3100

hf multi function tool in store or on line $20

Coupon good for in store or online purchase of basic multi function tool:

http://widgets.harborfreight.com/wsw...true&hftref=cj

comments from the slick deals website:

Do you know how to enter the coupon online?

only use the first set of numbers, 85572600. The last digits are customer ID numbers and other irrelevant stuff.

limit 4 pieces

this comment posted by someone;

There are now 2 versions of this tool and the coupon is valid for both. Limit 4.

Here is a link to the old model (67256):

67256 (old model) [harborfreight.com]

And a new to the new model (68303):

68303 (new model) [harborfreight.com]

The primary difference seems to be in the ergonomic design of the new one and 21000 OPM vs the 19000 OPM of the old model. The new model also no longer includes the variety of blades the old model had; it only comes with a single plunge cut blade.
    You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.
  • kevincan
    Established Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Central Illinois
    • Craftsman 21829

I picked up one of these about a month ago. I wasn't aware of there being 2 versions. I believe the one I got was the old version because it came with 3 blades.

I am using it to replace windows in an old house. It has worked very well. The only problem as been operator error. I did not tighten the blade tight enough and the bolt worked its way loose. I was trying to figure out why it stopped cutting and the the blade bolt and washer fell off into the bushes below. Luckily I was able to find all the pcs and after making sure it was tight it worked like a champ.

BTW I paid 29.99 with a coupon so 19.99 is better yet.

Comment

• BigguyZ
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2006
      • Minneapolis, MN
      • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

I've owned two of these and one died, and the other wasn't working too well. I upgraded to a Rockwell Sonicrafter and haven't been happier. However, at $20 this is still a steal.

Comment

• charliex
        • Mar 2004
        • Spring Valley, MN, USA.
        • Sears equivelent BT3100-1

Mine was VERY noisy. I just passed it on to my SIL. I have the Menard's MasterCraft and it's considerable quieter.

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2007
          • Buena Park, CA
          • CM 21829

Agree, a steal at $19.99. I have the old one, used it with their grout blade to remove all the 1/4in grout from my kitchen floor (11'x16', 16in tile), and it worked like a champ. Also use it for alot of other things - but when I saw this price, I decided to pick up a second in the newer model, because its lighter and has friendlier ergonomics.
          Bill in Buena Park

Comment

Working...