• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

HF 67241 3-Piece 11 drawer Tool Chest

HF had their 67421 3 piece tool chest on sale for $149 Thanksgiving weekend and I have been looking at that model for some time. Since moving back to the States, I have been "space short", especially for my mechanics tools and even woodworking tools. With permission from LOML, I purchased one and happily brought it home. I was a little concerned after reading a review on the HF web site that listed them as being dented and light weight.

My impressions:
    The tools boxes were in great shape, not dents, scratches or warps. The tool box construction and metal thickness was a little stronger and sturdier, plus a tad thicker than I was expecting, especially after reading one of the reviews. In my opinion, This is not as sturdy as a $500 - $700+ tool chest, nor is it as roomy. But for a home shop tool chest it has lots of space.

I give a slight negative to the locks as there are three different keys that are needed, one for each section. It would be nice for the same key to lock and unlock each section.

Overall, I am enjoying this and it is a great organizer for my tools. It is nice and very convenient to get the tools out of 5 or 6 smaller tool boxes and into one place. At last I can find ALL of my sockets, screwdrivers, and wrenches, plus other odds and ends.
    Last edited by leehljp; 12-02-2011, 03:46 PM.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
Working...