The technological beginnings of www.sawdustzone.com, and .org.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

The technological beginnings of www.sawdustzone.com, and .org.

As you all know by now, we are in the process of migrating to a new name, while keeping the original domain name for legacy purposes.

There are technical issues with the forum software that we are working on that are not yet addressed in regards to using the multiple domain names. We are confident that the ability does exist in the software to support this, but are not at the point where we have it configured properly yet.

For the time being, please continue to use www.bt3central.com to access the site. The other domain names will get you to the login page, but they will not allow you to log into the site.

There is a great deal going on in the background with the staff of this site, as we work for you to insure the ongoing future of bt3central, and the great resource it has been to each of us.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • Bill in Buena Park
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Buena Park, CA
    • CM 21829

Dave,
    I still can't reach the site using www.bt3central.com, getting this error:

Default PLESK Page
    Server Default page
    If you see this page it means:
    1. hosting for this domain is not configured
    or
    2. there's no such domain registered in Plesk
    What you can do:
    Using Plesk, you can create domains with web hosting on a single physical server.
    For more information please contact Administrator.

So only way to get to the site for me at this time is thru www.sawdustzone.com.
    Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• All Thumbs
      Established Member
      • Oct 2009
      • Penn Hills, PA
      • BT3K/Saw-Stop

Have you tried to reboot your PC? You dns cache may be stale. Rebooting/restarting is about the fastest way to clear the dns cache.
      Last edited by All Thumbs; 10-04-2012, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Bill,

How are you posting if you can't get to www.bt3central.com?

The software should give an invalid redirect error if you attempt to use either of the sawdustzone domains...

Okay as far as the Plesk issue.

That is coming from the original server, IIS is stopped, so the Plesk service is seeing a request come in, but nothing is responding to it. That is supposed to work that way... What isn't working right is that your DNS is still pointing you to the old IP address... So something along the way is still giving your browser the old IP address for the name. Those things can include...

#1. Your web browser. It's not supposed to work this way, but the writers of browsers, to speed things up, cache certain data in the browser cache, DNS records of sites previously visited are among them.

#2. Your local host carries DNS cache, depending on your operating system you MAY be able to flush that cache manually without rebooting. All operating systems should flush DNS cache upon reboot.

#3. Your means of connecting to the internet. Most broadband routers feature DHCP and DNS services. If the record is stuck there, a quick reboot of the router will force it to re-read the DNS records from it's upline servers, the ISPs DNS servers usually.

#4. Your internet service providers DNS servers may have stale records. There isn't a lot you can do except call and complain to them. You can go to www.netcraft.com and view the site report for www.bt3central.com to get the IP address. Run nslookup www.bt3central.com from your workstation that is having trouble, and see if the 2 match after you rebooted / cleared your cache. If they still don't match, call your service provider and give them grief, however please do not undertake this until at least 9:00 P.M. CST as they say to allow up to 48 hours for the changes to fully propogate. Most have already...

Fllush your browser cache (method varies by browser, search Google for the directions for each) and reboot your PC. By now almost all DNS servers should have the records updated. If you get your DNS records from say a broadband router, reboot it to force it to re-read from its upstream DNS servers...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• JSUPreston
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • Montgomery, AL.
          • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Originally posted by dbhost
          Fllush your browser cache (method varies by browser, search Google for the directions for each) and reboot your PC. By now almost all DNS servers should have the records updated. If you get your DNS records from say a broadband router, reboot it to force it to re-read from its upstream DNS servers...
          If you're running Windows, you may also want to go to a command prompt and type "ipconfig /flushdns" without the quotes. This will clear your local DNS cache just in case clearing the browser cache doesn't do it for you.
          "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

To follow that up...

HOWTO flush DNS cache on Linux / UNIX...

HOWTO flush DNS cache on Mac OS-X

Comment

• TCOTTLE
              Established Member
              • May 2009
              • Greenbush Maine
              • Ryobi BT3000

Follow up - DNS for all 3 sites seems to be propagated here.

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

All 3 sites have propagated to home, AT&T, work, and school (yes I am taking a continuing ed class in programming...)

Comment

• Dal300
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2011
                  • East Central Texas
                  • Ryobi BT3100

Nope, not yet here in Texas, probably has to get past the .ru servers first!

All 3 sites have propagated to home, AT&T, work, and school (yes I am taking a continuing ed class in programming...)

Comment

• dbhost
                    Slow and steady
                    • Apr 2008
                    • League City, Texas
                    • Ryobi BT3100

You must be back closer to La than H-town then...

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2007
                      • Buena Park, CA
                      • CM 21829

Turns out to have been some weird thing with the Google Chrome cache. I cleared it, and all is well.
                      Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• BadeMillsap
                        • Dec 2005
                        • Bulverde, Texas, USA.
                        • Grizzly G1023SL

Invalid Redirect when login to SawDustZone.com

So I'm not totally following this thread BUT I did try SawDustzone.com today and although I do get the splash screen when I try and login with my ID/PPW I get the invalid redirect message ...

Is this supposed to be working yet?
                        "Like an old desperado, I paint the town beige ..." REK
                        Bade Millsap
                        Bulverde, Texas
                        => Bade's Personal Web Log
                        => Bade's Lutherie Web Log

Comment

• Black wallnut
                          cycling to health
                          • Jan 2003
                          • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                          • BT3k 1999

Originally posted by BadeMillsap
                          So I'm not totally following this thread BUT I did try SawDustzone.com today and although I do get the splash screen when I try and login with my ID/PPW I get the invalid redirect message ...

Is this supposed to be working yet?
                          No, this is a know issue we are having and we are searching for the solution.
                          Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• Dal300
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2011
                            • East Central Texas
                            • Ryobi BT3100

I'm in Franklin, just NE of College Station.
                            Still the same redirect error on .org and .com as of 08:00. I may do a tracert when I get back to my home computer.
                            This could be a AT$T problem with the cell system.

You must be back closer to La than H-town then...

Comment

• leehljp
                              Just me
                              • Dec 2002
                              • Tunica, MS
                              • BT3000/3100

QUESTION:

On the new forum - Will current pictures and access to picts in our personal section of BT3Central be available/accessable?

Just wondering.
                              Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...